3. Ruby Princess
My parents who are in their 80's and have been wanting to do a Pacific Coast cruise for several years. They decided to make it a "family cruise" and invited the immediate family to join them. My entire family are frequent cruisers, but this was everyone's first cruise on Princess. We were all disappointed there was no activities during the day when we were at sea on the Lido deck except movies/sports on the big screen. The shows in the evening were just ok...the comedian was good. My dad is disabled and had to take the elevators and there were times we had to wait over 30 minutes for him (the rest of us took the stairs) because most days only 1 or 2 elevators were working and at dinner time and days we we were in port they were so packed that he would have to get on and go all the way up to the top floor just to get a spot to come back down. The food was mediocre at best. Our waiter was good, but had no idea who we were when we saw him waiting on the Lido deck at breakfast and the assistant waiter never smiled. They appeared very overworked! We booked our air travel through Princess and had to spend 8+ hours at the airport coming home which seemed like poor planning, considering we booked 6+ months prior to sailing. Overall a not so great experience. My entire family has cruised numerous times on different cruise lines and all of us agreed we would not sail Princess again!

Not impressed

laurieharris’s Full Rating Summary
Get Ruby Princess price drops

Interior
Cabin ID C216
It was the smallest stateroom I have ever had and I have been on 12+ cruises. The room steward came into our room several times without knocking, so be sure to deadbolt your door or put the privacy sign on door knob. Some days the cabin would not get cleaned until after lunch and most days there was a sewage smell coming from the shower drain. The shower is very small and hard to move around in.
Aloha Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins