3. Norwegian Star
Despite embarkation problems, a wait of over 2 hours to begin embarkation due to US Customs, late departure from Los Angeles due to the fuel barge breaking down, rain and cold on the return to LA, I still really enjoyed this cruise.

We had a lovely room with a wonderful stewardess and nice butler...this was an upsell for us but was worth every penny for the size of the room and the amenities provided. My husband's walker fit conveniently out of the way, and the large bathroom and balcony was appreciated so much. We didn't get to use the balcony on the return trip home due to high winds and rain, and that was the only disappointment.

Buffet was better on this ship than on my previous Norwegian experience, and I enjoyed other restaurants as well. We loved the whale watch cruise but actually got to see nearly as many in the 2 hours before we reached Cabo from our own balcony!! What fun ...many came quite close to the ship. This is the time of year to visit this area for your best chance to see whales.

I enjoyed the dancers shows very much, especially the "Band on the Run"...one of the best I have seen. I did not attend any other shows, but enjoyed the singers in the atrium, and especially the mariachi band in Puerto Vallarta.

Excellent computer room,but computers were a bit slow. Had lots of credit left over .....I also enjoyed shopping on this ship...Norwegian does an excellent job with its on board shops.

Our cruise critic meet and greet was a lot of fun, and we enjoyed exchanging postcards and meeting some of the crew members. I thought everyone on board this particular cruise was very warm and friendly and I am enjoying NCL more each time I go.

Lots of fun in spite of...........

Norwegian Star Cruise Review by Tinabrn

• Sail Date: January 2010
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Penthouse with Large Balcony

Tinabrn’s Full Rating Summary
Rates

Penthouse with Large Balcony
Cabin SE 10000
Large room, big enough balcony. Front of ship, I think I would prefer rear due to the problems encountered on homeward journey. Balcony next door was bigger, but their room was not!! Wonderful bed, your choice of pillows etc...Did not like modern couch, it was not comfortable and looked soiled but that was just the design. Lights tended to be dim and since I love to read in bed that was a minor problem. Had to get butler to get us a big extension cord in order for husband to use breathing machine...we had bought one 6 foot but it needed nearly 10. Take plugs for both voltages if you are wanting to use the few plugs provided, most were of the european 220. Room was extremely comfortable a/c and heat...stayed very constant. Best adjustments I have seen. Quiet ...with very friendly next door neighbors.
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins