3. Carnival Vista
7-day Western Carib sail; just my wife and I and first time on Carnival; comparing to 7 other lines we’ve sailed including RCI, Disney, Princess, Celebrity, then 3 luxury carriers. Good: food that we chose including Steakhouse ($$$), Seafood Shack ($), Blue Iguana, and Guy’s Burgers was EXCELLENT! I was actually surprised at how good those choices were. The night-show entertainment was very good. The cruise director, Matt, was (our opinion) the best on any cruise we’ve been on. Our cabin (Ocean Suite) was very comfortable and was kept very clean and well stocked. Not as good: the YourTime reservation/dining system that Carnival employs is, in a word, ridiculous! You have to line up on Deck 5 ... no, that’s not to eat; that’s just to make a reservation to eat! You can’t call for a table ... it’s just stupid. The buffet, in the evening, is very limited. Finally, general service is not stressed. Not once was either of our coffee cups refilled. Also, coffee machines are frequently out of service so, you hunt for coffee. One shout out ... Francis in JavaBlue was awesome. He opened early almost daily for a few early risers.

Very Good Time; a Few Critiques

Carnival Vista Cruise Review by billybearkat

billybearkat’s Full Rating Summary

Ocean Suite
Cabin OS 7363
Very roomy; great closet space. Bathroom size was great. Shower/tub was really nice.
Deck 7 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins