3. Carnival Splendor
My husband and I love cruising, and we chose the Carnival Splendor because we can drive to the port. This is our second time on the Splendor. We have been to Mexico many times and love it. We arrived at the port of Long Beach, and embarkation was very organized and went very smoothly. We had "Faster to Fun" which allowed us the embark more quickly. We chose a balcony cabin. We found it spacious with plenty of storage. Our room steward was excellent. The "My Time" dining room was excellent. Service was above and beyond what we have experienced in the past with "My Time" dining.(My husband and I have learned that if you want to be seated quickly in the "My Time" dining room, arrive a few minutes before it opens. We also find the waiters we like and ask for their area.) On the Splendor we found our waiters the first night and asked for their area every night. They were excellent, anticipating what we liked, for example, we like a diet coke at dinner and they always had it waiting for us. We did the Chef's table for the first time and it was excellent. It was a many course dinner. It started with a tour of the galley. I would recommend doing this. The food and service was excellent. Entertainment was very good. We did not go to the comedy shows. We did go to the production shows and loved them. We did not purchase any excursions. We walked around the ports on our own. Disembarkation was very organized, and went smoothly and quickly. In summary, we loved this cruise and what stands out is the great service we received from a fantastic crew.

Excellent Service

Carnival Splendor Cruise Review by DreamCruiser2615

We did not purchase any excursions. We walked around the ports on our own.

Disembarkation was very organized, and went smoothly and quickly.

DreamCruiser2615’s Full Rating Summary