3. Carnival Pride
7th cruise on the Pride for us and we have always loved the ship and staff. Pre/post-cruise Hotel: Stayed at the Best Western (Conference center) on Odonnell St which included parking and shuttle service. We have stayed here before mainly for the great shuttle. Hotel was OK, shuttle to the pier was good, coming home they waited until the van was full. Made 15 people wait for 1 spot to fill up even though they had a second, empty shuttle sitting there. Six of us had a 9 hour drive home. Got back to the hotel to find my truck with a nice new dent in the side. First time in 4 stays that my vehicle was damaged. The parking lot was jammed to capacity for this cruise. The Pride Embarkation: We arrived at 12pm, was on the ship by 12;30pm. Really nothing else to say, quick and painless. Staff: As always, the staff on this ship are great! Zero complaints again, their friendliness helped make our cruise enjoyable. Best part of sailing the Pride. Food: MDR food was very good as expected. We always try to eat in MDR as buffet is often tasteless and lukewarm at best. Deli was good, many new options. Pizza is decent and always open. Didnt have a burrito this time but had Guy's burger 3 times and always hit the spot. Stuck with plain cheeseburgers this time and added some tomatoes/onions....stock burgers are good but too much with sauces etc. I enjoyed adding my own toppings more. Cabin: Cabin was big and clean, our Steward was a very nice, hard working guy. He looked tired the entire cruise, was told they now have 35 cabins to clean. We had an aft balcony and enjoyed the views and lounge chair the Steward got for us after we requested one. Cabin noise from engines was pretty loud some nights. I sleep with earplugs so noise was ok but shimmying/movement could be a problem for some folks. Only smelled cigarette smoke on the balcony once. While was looking around for smoke a lady two decks up was also looking to see who was smoking. I loudly reminded whoever it was and no more smoke for rest of the cruise. No door slammers all cruise, if we could just get folks to turn off their balcony lights at night. Several very starry nights were enjoyed and several were spent enjoying light from next door. Overall we reaally got to enjoy the balcony. Ship condition: By day 5 of our 14 day cruise we were calling the Pride "Trusty Rusty." Lots of visible rust, windows seemed to be permanently stained with visible damage to tiles, trim work throughout the ship. Second Pride cruise in a row that the men's steamroom was out of order for almost the entire cruise (12 of 14 days) and sauna was out of order for 2 or 3 days. Spa staff kept telling me that they report to Maintenance but Maintenance doesnt respond. Passengers deserve a better answer to simple questions, these facilities are included in the almost $4000 I paid. Gym equipment never seems to get repaired. I had a pedal fall off a bike in Sept 2017, same bike in the gym is still broken with both bike pedals stuck in forward position. In three recent cruises the middle recumbent bike hasn't worked. This cruise 3 of 5 recumbents worked properly. They have removed some of the resistance equipment on upper levels to make room for their seminar/meetings to sell products/services to give you a flatter belly etc. This is the second pre-dry dock cruise we've done on the Pride. We got the impression on the previous one that they let some repairs slide until the dry dock. Might not be accurate but appearance is perception. Debarkation: Ship docked at 10am, we were in the paring lot by around 10:40am. This is really late for those of us with long drives home. Arrived home at 9pm after night time snow storms. An earlier debarkation would be welcome. Saw several blue, red and gold cards in priority debark lounge. Saw some asked by Staff to head to their waiting area in the theater and they just said no and did what they wanted. Half the folks there left luggage out the night before and then got in line with self-debarkation guests who were carrying luggage off. Lines and crowds were twice the size they should have been. If not carrying off your luggage stay out of the way folks! Wife and I carrying all of our luggage while walking behind 85 year olds with canes and no luggage struggling to walk because thy want to be first of the ship. If everyone followed the procedures set out these processes would go so much more smooth. To their credit I did hear Staff asking people to get out of line when they spotted people walking off without luggage. They make the line longer and when we walked past the luggage area their luggage wasn't even sorted/staged yet. ME-ME-ME Our next cruise is with NCL, while we'll cruise Carnival again I don't think we'll be back on the Pride anytime soon. Time to bring a new ship to Baltimore/NYC.

7th time on the Pride, last one for awhile

Carnival Pride Cruise Review by cdnmr

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Southern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Aft-View Extended Balcony
7th cruise on the Pride for us and we have always loved the ship and staff.

The Pride

cdnmr’s Full Rating Summary
Get Carnival Pride price drops

Aft-View Extended Balcony
Cabin 8M 5297
Cabin in good repair and kept clean by staff. No complaints other than squeaks from cupboard doors etc. Lots of vibrations from engines beneath.

Bring earplugs to help sleep.

Steward brought us a lounge chair for balcony which was a blessing. Wife used it almost every day/night.
Empress Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Aruba
    Rented a Jeep and explored on our own.

Baby Beach is a rip off, $60 for 2 chairs and shade. Washrooms not open until 11am and charged $2.

Ended up at Eagle Beach again.
    View All 1,638 Aruba Cruise Port Reviews
    View Cruise Critic's Aruba Cruise Port Review
  • Catamaran Tour
    Perfect day!
    12 adults on a beautiful 62 foot catamaran (we chose no kids tour), fantastic snacks/meal and a premium open bar from moment we boarded.

3 crew members and Captain took care of our every need.
    View All 95 Catamaran Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Spent a great day touring the island with a great, young married couple who started up their own tour company a couple of years ago.
    Awesome people and my Wife and I really enjoyed our private tour.
    View All 191 Island Tour Reviews
  • Island Tour
    Christopher Taxi took my Wife on a customized, private island tour for 2. Long drive to/from Souffriere but the views were worth it. We did the Tet Paul nature trail hike to between the Pitons, lunch at Beacon Restaurant and Diamond Falls/Botanical Garden.

We had a 1 hour beach stop planned but we chose to spend more time at the other stops and skip the beach. Our driver Clyde was super friendly and would take us wherever we wanted to go. He even had a surprise souvenir for me as well as stopping for ingredients for a "local cure" for my Wife's cough. It was mainly rum but he went out of his way to make sure we had a great day.
    View All 253 Island Tour Reviews
  • St. Maarten
    We spend the day at Bikini Beach Bar on Orient Beach.

The hurricanes wiped almost every beach bar/restaurant right off the beach. We decided to visit one of the few who have rebuilt and spend our money there.

Orient Beach is a personal favourite and always a relaxing day for us.
    View All 4,738 St. Maarten Cruise Port Reviews