3. Oosterdam
Had a great time on this our fifth Holland cruise. Very slow paced which is what we wanted. They actually cancelled Cap Cana because the waves were just too high to tender in. We ended up going to Samana and we took a cab to Playa Rincon beach which was beautiful. We figured we may never go there again so we took the nearly hour long each way drive. HAL refunded the Cap Cana charges and did not charge for Samana. Nice touch! We have had five cruises on HAL so just a few bullet points on this one: Lido choices seem to be lessening but the food was still awesome! Bathroom in Stateroom has a nice small night light in the ceiling. I thought this was a good idea Many electrical outlets in the room. Several USB's as well. BBC Earth with Lincoln Center on Mainstage was pretty cool. Pinnacle and Canaletto were both very good. I heard alot of complaints about the Crows Nest changes prior to going on this cruise. I found they eliminated the old outdated chairs and loungers where people were mostly sleeping. The problem is they got rid of one problem and created another. The EXC was empty most of the time so it was kind of a waste of space. BB King band was outstanding........as usual. If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away!

November 10-17 Oosterdam Cruise Review

Oosterdam Cruise Review by Nymich

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Signature Superior Verandah Suite

We have had five cruises on HAL so just a few bullet points on this one:

Lido choices seem to be lessening but the food was still awesome!

Many electrical outlets in the room. Several USB's as well.

BBC Earth with Lincoln Center on Mainstage was pretty cool.

Pinnacle and Canaletto were both very good.

BB King band was outstanding........as usual.

If anyone has any questions feel free to ask away!
Nymich’s Full Rating Summary
Get Holland America Oosterdam price drops

Signature Superior Verandah Suite
Cabin SY
Holland was severely shorthanded on this cruise with two poor guys doing basically the entire sixth floor! They were making up rooms at 1:30 in the afternoon they were so overworked. It was more like a Hotel who did not have check in until 4pm. It was the worst part of the cruise as they made a lot of mistakes that I attribute to giving two guys too much work to be consistent. They did an average job because they had poor headcount. This one is on HAL. I tipped them at the end but mostly because I felt sorry for them being put in that position.
Navigation Deck Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins