Disney Fantasy Cruise Review

Disney Fantasy Cruise Review by BP1

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah

Our 26 family members have been planning this cruise for over a year . My wife and I sail with Celebrity Aqua twice a year, so are used to fabulous food and over the top service, others had sailed RCCL, and one Silversea. But for most of us, this was our first Disney. I think to sum it up, they have a very devoted following, so they don’t try as hard to please as other lines. Embarkation was slow. The port has no embarkation side and debarkation side, so everyone is going against each other to enter and leave. You wait in the terminal over an hour to get on. Our rooms were ready and perfectly clean. We loved our room host, who was fabulous. Now, you have the same wait staff in the dining rooms each night. This is great if they are great but.....We waited at least 15 to 20 minutes to have our drink order. So we learned very quickly to bring our drinks with us to the table each night. We also waited the same for our food, which was just ok and consistently room temperature. Even the soup was cold. We had the turkey one night which was so dry you had to wash it down with water. I would expect this on a discount line, but not the most expensive one we had been on. Cabanas had very inconsistent hours. One time half was open, and the other closed. My first morning I woke up at 630 and went to get coffee, to be told “ not ready yet” Breakfast with eggs not until 730! I am used to standing in line ordering my eggs and enjoying a hot breakfast. Not so. It took 10 min to fry an egg, so the choice is taking already cooked eggs from a dish, and toast from a dish, all Luke warm. We all joked that when we got off the ship we could have a hot meal! The French fries and chicken tenders were hot. Ok enough about food. Several family members had to do some work, which brings us to the internet package. 1000 mb for $89! No unlimited package! You can churn through that in one day, just checking mail. To say rip off, is an understatement. And connectivity inconsistent. I’ve had better connections on Transatlantics. And when we went down to talk with WiFi person, he was either at a meal or gone. The characters were the highlight, and the clubs for the little ones wonderful. The tweens were not as happy with their offerings. The ports were great and excursions excellent. So... Not sure about Disney. RCCL has many fund things for kids, a new water park planned on their private island and better food. And for the adults, Celebrity hands down for everything!

BP1's Full Rating Summary

Deluxe Oceanview Stateroom with Verandah
Cabin 05A 7684

Clean and wonderful. Loved our room host. In fact, the best yet!

Stingray Swim