• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Independence of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
23 Awards

So many ways this exceeded expectations

Review for Independence of the Seas to Transatlantic
Marconi661
First Time Cruiser • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2018
Cabin: Spacious Ocean View Balcony

Having booked this cruise with friends I didn't look at the reviews until after. Well I can tell you that initially myself and another in our party started to get bad vibes from the reviews. However, seriously I found the whole experience to be amazing and often reflected on how any little things were done to exceed expectations. ALL the staff were so friendly and genuinely helpful, they would go out of their way often to help. We always found a table to eat in Windjammer and the food here was exceptional. My wife and her friends often find it difficult to find food they like as being originally from China, they like to eat plenty of fresh vegetables and fruit and these were in abundance. We initially had concerns as to 'how many standard drinks were included on the standard package' but they were plenty and free 24hrs.

Each evening we had a meal in the main dining room. 2 waiters for 3 tables with a total of 14 guest to look after, the service and food quality was amazing. All the staff took a real delight in talking to you and taking an interest but not to a point of intrusion.

Each day we received our copy of 'Compass' a guide to the many activities going on each and everyday, it truly was jam packed. From dance lessons, french lessons, Bingo many health things including chinese herbs and too many to mention and so diverse.

Spacious Ocean View Balcony

Cabin 6B

Excellent cabin with lots of storage and so clean. The best bed ever too

previous reviewnext review