3. Norwegian Gem
First time first time cruising with Norwegian Cruise Lines. I must say I was very happily impressed. First the not-so-good stuff. I was traveling with my two sisters, sharing same room, as we have done on many Royal Caribbean and Princess Cruises. This was the first time though that we did not have 2 lower than one upper. We were surprised to find two beds and a pull-out couch. This made it impossible to walk around the room or to get out on the balcony. The balcony, by the way, was also in disrepair. The paint was peeling off at constantly every time you spent any time out on the balcony you came back with a serious case of "paint dandruff." Our state room attendant was pretty much invisible. The food in both the dining rooms and Buffet was passable and the staff although very pleasant were very obviously understaffed. They always did everything in a run, nothing casual. The casino staff was, at best, unpleasant, in some cases kind of rude. All that being said, it was a very enjoyable trip. The cruise director was excellent. The entertainment was very good. Good Production shows, good magician, Good comic. And an excellent little Cirque du Soleil Act.

Mostly good

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by weluv2cruise50

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Balcony

First the not-so-good stuff.

Our state room attendant was pretty much invisible.

The casino staff was, at best, unpleasant, in some cases kind of rude.

weluv2cruise50’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Gem price drops

Mid-Ship Balcony
Cabin BA 10122
Way too small. Never book a room for three people that has a fold-out bed. Balcony had serious problem with chipping paint
Deck 10 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins