3. Norwegian Gem
Went on this cruise on September 1-8, review posted on this site, and decided to get away for a quick vacation and maintain the tan now that the weather is turning. Get to the port and being a Platinum member I go to the expedited line to get my ship card. Waiting with 3 people in front of me 10 minutes, 15, 30 45 minutes with no movement on the line, meanwhile the long, serpentine line is moving. Turns out the computers were down on our end. Almost an hour later they decide to move us over to the Haven check-in. Why did this take almost an hour to make this call? You have multiple repeated customers standing in one spot without moving and it takes you this long to apply customer service when you have 3 reps at the Haven check-in sitting there, mind-boggling. Finally, I get to my cabin and the toilet is not wasn't flushing, OK, maybe by the time I get back from dinner. Still not working so I call the front desk who noted it and will get back to me. Went around the ship and on my return saw a message from them and it said the toilet should be working fine, it wasn't. Called back and they said they'll notify the plumber. Long story short after multiple calls it never worked that day/night, next day till 7 p.m. Sunday finally. Being a Platinum member I get 2 free dinners for 2 at Cagneys (with a bottle of wine) and La Cucina, Here's the kicker - being I travel solo they won't allow you to order 2 entree's but what they will do is give you 1 entree' and charge you $4.80 if you want a Caesar Salad, picture attached, even though the dinner they don't give you they're selling to someone else. So the moral of the story is the next time you go on a cruise, and get free dinners for 2, look for someone to accompany you so you wont lose out. Actually this website should have a whole section for future solo cruisers just dedicated for this purpose. What they should do in reality is give single certificates for dinner so instead of 2 dinner for two tickets have 4 dinner for one tickets. The one bright spot in this cruise was the excursion The Orlando Eye Sea-Life Auarium & Madame Tussauds which includes the Star Flyer swing ride the world's tallest. This place is so laid back and really nice to walk around in. You don't feel rushed like Disney and everything is very close to each other, fantastic trip. Of course the personnel on the ship is great and I have nothing bad to say about them and I like the smaller Gem-sized ships but they really need to up their game. I have one more CruiseNext credit left and after that I am going to seriously think about continuing with NCL, even after 13 cruises.

I tried again but it's not getting better

Norwegian Gem Cruise Review by taxfree4