• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Excursions

Arcadia Review

Editor Rating
9 Awards

Worst experience of my life

Review for Arcadia to the Caribbean
GagaMaureen
2-5 Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2018
Cabin: Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower

The ship is tired, and badly needs updated. The engine noise and vibration made conversation and sleep almost impossible. The entertainment,with the exception of the two duos and the performance of Jimmy James was poor. The films offered were old and dated, with no new releases. At times the staff appeared stretched, although always polite and very hard working. Probably the only plus factor. The smoking areas on open deck were appalling, the smell invading not only the open deck but eating areas and stairwells in the ship. The route to Bermuda, our first port, from Southampton seemed strange given the fact that this was an autumn cruise. This resulted in 6 days sailing in cold/cool, damp and cloudy conditions. The food was uninspiring, as an example, the fresh fruit appeared to be limited to melon, pineapples, apples and bananas. Strawberries were offered but most of the time they were frozen. The degree of hard sell in the Oasis spa, led me to cancel several appointments, as I was unwilling to endure this at the end of each appointment.

This was supposed to be a special holiday for my husband and I, celebrating our 45th wedding anniversary, and my husbands retirement.

We were bitterly disappointed.

Deluxe Stateroom with Balcony and Bath/Shower

Cabin DB

Cabin was fine. Steward was helpful and the cabin was always clean and tidy

Find an Arcadia Cruise