• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

Robinwbarrett
2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2018
Cabin:

SAIL THE THREE SEAS the itinerary that called me to sail on the Marella Celebration, reviewed separately.

For me it all started with a 45 mile drive down the A1 at silly o’clock for the 06:50 Boeing 737 from Donny (DSA) to Dubrovnic (DBV) and a half hour coach transfer along the stunning Dalmatian coast. I must at this point thank all the other reviewers who said SIT ON THE LEFT HAND SIDE OF THE COACH. As the port cam into sight Cele was dwarfed by the MSC Lirica and Aida Blu

The sail away form Dubrovnic was accompanied by music form the outrageously talented MUSIK UNLIMITED for a day at sea down to Celebrations flag port of Valetta, Malta I was pre-booked one both Malta Highlights tour which was a little disappointing due to quite heavy rain. Seabourn Odissey in Port

Cabin Outside Single

Marella Celebration a 34 year old ship with a big if somewhat noisy heart. The layout is not ideal, I was on deck 2 outside cabin 736, I, for one never felt any vibration or experienced any excess noise with the exception of the din whilst waiting for the terminally slow elevator 2.

What I did experience was a fabulous cabin steward called Arya who cannot do enough for you, every time you leave your cabin it seems the he descends like a dervish and rectifies any mess i may have left.

A barmaid called Michelle who was so efficient even though she was hyper as she was leaving the ship in a couple of days to visit her home in the Philippines for three months. All the bar staff were excellent I cannot name them all, I only mention Michelle as she was leaving for a holiday.

The waiting staff in the Lido were also very attentive and efficient, again so many and too many to mention individually so I will not upset any by omitting them.

The officers and crew from the master down were pleasant, polite and efficient to a man

The reception staff were most helpful.

And so to the public face of the ship, the entertainments team, I don’t know how they actually manage to eat all they do and remain so slim - yes I do they put on multiple activities and the show team put on SEVEN different shows in a week almost every one employing high energy.

So the tin may be passed the sell by date but what is inside is of the highest quality, will I sail on her again, maybe, maybe not, it would depend on the itinerary, would I like to meet all those lovely people again - DEFO

12 Helpful Votes