• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match

2-5 Cruises • Age 60s

Value for Money

Sail Date: Oct 2018
Cabin:

My husband and I joined his brother and girlfriend on this cruise. The port of Boston was very convenient for them. I had been on the Norwegian Pearl earlier this year - and found the Dawn a bit disappointing. While the staff and food ( for the most part) were great - the ventilation system from the Cigar Bar was terrible. We sat in the bar just outside of the Cigar Bar one night - and my hair and clothes picked up the cigarette smoke smell (not so in the Pearl ) - so there was entertainment at Gatsby's Champagne bar we could not enjoy. The whole 6th floor smelled like cigarettes. I think the Bliss lounge was a bit outdated and I missed the Spinnaker lounge and outside seating with the Buffett that is on the Pearl. Cagney's restaurant is worth going to - i wish we had gone more than once. I found the meat in the Brazillean ? restuarant dry - and would not recommend. One thing I would say about the Dawn - is that the bar staff/cocktail servers were great and attentive. On the Pearl we sometimes got tired of waiting for a server to come to our table - and went to the bar ourselves. Great Margarita's in the Los Lobos bar ( thanks John!!) and great mojitos in the Mojito bar. I would give the cruise a 4 star - but the smoke was an issue for me.

2 Helpful Votes