3. Viking Vilhjalm
My friend and I chose this cruise because we had never experienced a river cruise nor had we seen some of the places offered on this itinerary. I had heard nothing but wonderful things about Viking so I was truly looking forward to a wonderful trip. I was not disappointed. The ship was clean and offered everything we needed, but in a very small cabin. I've been on ocean cruises so I was expecting a little more space but river boats aren't as large as ocean ships so it stands to reason the space is more cramped. But the dining areas were lovely and the food was great. As for entertainment, we had a wonderful singer/piano player who really got everyone in a party mood! Staff aboard the ship were very helpful and friendly. The ports and excursions were wonderful. There was only one that I wouldn't do again and that was the night tour of Prague. Perhaps I was just too tired from our very long walk all around Prague during the day. And that brings up the subject of walking. I was warned there would be a lot of it and my sources were not wrong! My Fitbit recorded an AVERAGE of 5 miles a day. I'm not used to that so I was challenged but made it through and saw fabulous locations along with getting good exercise. I suppose my only complaint would be the air transportation portion of the trip and there's really no particular place to put the blame. It was frustrating to not be able to get seat assignments ahead of time on all flights. My return home was an absolutely grueling schedule of flights and I was more exhausted than I've ever been when I got home. I would go again but I'll get myself in better physical condition before the trip!:)

A fabulous first river cruise!

Viking Vilhjalm Cruise Review by ceesplace

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Europe

ceesplace’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Vilhjalm price drops

• City Tour
    We saw the highlights of the city but never got off the bus. It would have been nice to stop in the large square with the Heroes statues to take some pictures.
    View All 303 City Tour Reviews
  • City Tour
    We had a wonderful guide on this morning city tour of Vienna who spoke perfect English and told us entertaining stories about the sites we were seeing.
    View All 151 City Tour Reviews