• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Celestyal Olympia Review

Editor Rating

Horrible Excursions - getting to islands AFTER it was dark!

Review for Celestyal Olympia to Greece
Dragon789WV
2-5 Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Nov 2018
Cabin:

My wife and I were on a Globus tour of Greece and this 3-day cruise was included. Unfortunate thing is that neither cruise ship nor Globus told us what TIME we would arrive at each of the islands.

This was a 'once in a lifetime' trip for us, as we had always wanted to see Greece and some of the islands.

The wonderful windmills of Mykonos - we arrived after 7:00PM (!!!!). My first photo on the island showed 7:12pm. Now, I ask you - how much of the island can you enjoy when you arrive at that hour. Our tour guide showed us where the windmills were - yep, there it was in the distance, barely discernible and if you stared hard long enough, you MIGHT be able to make out the shape. I mean, give me a break! THIS is how we were supposed to enjoy Mykonos? We did spend about 2 hours walking around Mykonos. Not my idea of spending time visiting Mykonos.

Cabin was adequate for our needs; not great, just adequate. As the old joke goes "I was showering when the ship tilted slightly and I fell onto the bed." Shower was very small.

Cabin people were great, helpful, and in good spirits.

WARNING: Do not take the bottled water (not mineral), even if there's no price labelled on it. The cruise line WILL charge you for it, even if you have bought a Drinks package! GRRRRR!

34 Helpful Votes