3. Norwegian Pearl
Chose the cruise because we could see friends and relatives in the San Diego area, sail thru Panama Canal as I have always wanted to do, and then be back home in Florida. Came in a week early to see San Diego, but there was to much too see. Pacific Ocean was choppy, and so was the Caribbean, most than usual in Caribbean. Hurricane in Pacific prevented us from stopping at Cabo San Lucas. Embarkation was okay, felt like you were in a warehouse, not a "real" cruiseport. Ship was delayed because of the Dockworkers changing shifts. Norwegian did not care for San Diego port. Our cabin was dim, we like brighter lights. Also you had to get out of bed to turn off the overhead lights, there was not a turnoff at the beds. No place to sit except on the beds, no chair or sofa, really no room. I did have a shower chair which was great. Also like the shower door instead of the curtain. The TV was nice, but the channels were often weak or scrambled. Also it was several days before we even know who had won the World Series. College football was not carried on any sport or regular channels. Room service breakfast was fine, and early on most mornings, chocolate croissant were great. But they usually forgot something once it was our cereal. The Entertainment was good especially liked Duo Quincennesce, the aerialists, Michelle Murlin, the broad way singer, and especially Brenda Kaye the Hypnotist. The staff was also great. Room stewards, the wait staff were all good. My favorite was an African man from Zimbabwe who worked in Tides. He had the nicest smile and we a little each day. I wish I would have got his name, he was so good to talk to, we made some kind of connection. The food was mediocre, not hot when it should be, but lukewarm or cold, this was in the buffet and main dining room, the Summer Palace. But again the wait staff and esp., Annisha who was in charge of special diets tried to get my husband vegetarian meals. His favorite in the Summer Palace was two scoops or mashed potatoes and two little ears of corn on the cob. Some breads and desserts were good, I especially liked the bread pudding at the buffet. The carrot cake in the Summer Palace was esp. good. Over all an average cruise with not enough things to do on sea days.

Not Bad, Not Great

Norwegian Pearl Cruise Review by hillbilly1

Over all an average cruise with not enough things to do on sea days.
hillbilly1’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Pearl price drops

Inside
Cabin ID 8621
Too dim. No place to sit except beds, because they were so high I kept sliding off them.
Did not have a off switch for overhead lights except at the door, had to get out of bed to turn lights out. TV channels too often had a weak signal or were scrambled. No channel with World Series or college football. No enough shelves for toiletries. Shower was nice, except water temperature kept varying. Loved having a shower chair my travel agent suggested. Door to shower much better than a curtain.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins