We chose the Oceania Sirena because of word of mouth how terrific the line is and this itinerary for Cuba. I need a handicap cabin, since I have walking issues and sometimes use a wheelchair. I was booked in a handicap cabin originally. My agent was then called a month later to say the cabin would be under some kind of construction and no more where available. They then said they would upgrade me to another cabin that would be more then sufficient for my needs. I myself called the cruise line and was told by more then one res. Agent that the cabin was exactly the same, just a little smaller and I would have no issues. Once on the ship I was appalled to find they had passengers in the original cabin I had booked and the bathroom in the cabin they now assigned me had a step up, and having leg issues that made the trip more difficult for me. Because of the cabin size my wheelchair had be folded up and stuck in a corner so we could walk around in the cabin without hitting into it. Very inconvient.. We were 3 couples on the cruise together, who all booked at the same time . We all had issues in the main dining room. The food service was slow in coming and the a/c couldn’t be regulated well. One night we were so cold that they actually brought us blankets to put over ourselves . We were very disappointed that the next evening when we arrived for dinner, they wanted to put us back in the same spot . The staff never even asked us if we preffered another area, etc. The ship needs some updating, which I hear is supposed to happen soon. The ships Lecturer was fabulous and gave us a real insight into everything we would see in Cuba. The beds were the most comfortable we ever had while cruising and the staff outside of the dining room were all terrific. High tea every afternoon was done well and was delicious, as were the specialty restaurants. Getting reservations in those were difficult if you weren’t in a suite or concierge class., even though we tried months before the sailing, our availability was extremely limited. Would we travel again on Oceania, your guess is as good as mine.

Disappointed with Oceania

Sirena Cruise Review by Savannah drew

• Sail Date: September 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Stateroom

The ship needs some updating, which I hear is supposed to happen soon.

Would we travel again on Oceania, your guess is as good as mine.
Savannah drew’s Full Rating Summary
Get Oceania Sirena price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B2 6084
Small, nicely appointed. Wonderful mattress and bedding. Step up to bathroom, which was tiny
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins