3. Harmony of the Seas
We have cruised on a few RCCL ships before. First time on this class of ship. WOW. First off, we are not your typical snooty cruisers. We strictly book Grand Suites for the amenities and perks, we will never go lower that that. That being said, I really hate the "crowd" with the "pins" on their chest in the Suite Lounge. I thought a cruise was for fun, not for showing off that you are better because you are a Pinnacle or Diamond Plus or whatever. Too much of that going on. Just have fun, have a Coke and smile and...well you get the rest. I will get right to it. Grand Suite was awesome, Cabin 9654. We loved that cabin, well positioned. I will say that the Grand Suites on this ship might be a bit smaller than on some the other ships we have been on. But overall we loved it. The only critiques I have about this suite are the ice bucket....really guys, make those bigger. TV Programming kinda sucks, but hey who watches TV on a cruise. We really enjoyed the music playing on the Compass and Route Channel. Last critique I have is a very important one....Make-up mirrors for getting ready, invest in those RCCL. questo è molto importante. Cabin gets 5 Stars. Our Room attendant was awesome too. Food: Very brief and to the point. Chops Grill sucks, the only good thing about Chops is the slab of bacon I devoured, our server was not engaged at all, she was more concerned about the other bigger tables there, full of kids and loud obnoxious people. The quality of steaks and atmosphere reminded me of steak night at the Golden Corral. 150 Central Park was awesome, staff there were kinda douchey. Food was fantastic. Johnny Rockets ALWAYS one of my favorites. LOVED IT. Izumi, nope.... Sorrentos we loved it. American Icon for breakfast was awesome, we decided for the al a carte menu instead of buffet. We had a very nice experience, staff were great and food was perfectly prepared to our liking. Room service was good, pizza, burgers, wings...in the middle of the night, can't go wrong with that. Coastal Kitchen for dinner on the last night was absolutely amazing. Try the Lamb Shank over Risotto. Now the best for last. Jamie's Italian - we went there two times during our cruise. We regret not going in place of Izumi or Chops. Everything was on point in Jamie's, our server Pritesh was the best. We had a great time in this restaurant. Overall Winner here is Jamie's Italian. Suite Lounge was the best, the best bartender Roshan. We really loved the drink perks on this cruise, but there are too many unclear exceptions on this perk. 11:00-11:00 free drinks but limited options, Heineken are free but not Bud Light, Johnny Walker not free, but Jack Daniels is free, Champagne is free all day long...on second thought, this arrangement works for us. We absolutely LOVED the Suite Lounge. We met some really cool people in the lounge. The people we met were like minded, in the fact that we were there for fun, not to up our Status or Cruising Resume. JUST FUN..... Ship is big, lots of entertainment, the Halloween celebration was an added bonus, we enjoyed that and are considering doing another Halloween cruise. The ports were meh...our favorite was Labadee Haiti. Just wished there was more fun activities in the Suites Section. Embark/Disembark was effortless, the option for Suites to have baggage sent straight to airport was awesome. The only confusion and frustration was in Port Everglades, port personnel were inept and rude. The porters hustling for tips was a little over the top. Just get my bags and take your dollar per bag, don't fight or flip coins over it. Really shady characters. Overall we give this Ship and Cruise 5 stars. There were a few negative points, but the positive were way more than the negative. We will back on this ship.

Halloween Cruise

Harmony of the Seas Cruise Review by EDOZUNA

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Grand Suite - 1 Bedroom

Food:

Overall Winner here is Jamie's Italian.

EDOZUNA’s Full Rating Summary