3. Avalon Visionary
Of course I was disappointed that we were only able to be onboard for 6 days of our 13, but Avalon and every crew member, especially our cruise director, went above and beyond to assure that our experience was a wonderful time! Unprecedented drought in the Rhine Region this year halted river traffic and left many ships grounded. Somehow, Avalon was able to arrange alternate transportation, hotels, and meals so that we were able to enjoy almost all of the activities and excursions of the itinerary! The absolute highlight for me was the days we spent on board cruising the Mosel. The lovely scenery, quaint medieval villages, amazing castles, cathedrals, ancient architecture and beautiful vinyards made this one of the most memorable experiences of my life. The shore excursions were excellent, the food and service were top notch, and the accommodations arranged for us off ship were amazing! This was my first river cruise, but it will not be my last!

Rhine and Mosel, drought year

jeanschott’s Full Rating Summary
Get Avalon Visionary price drops

Outside Stateroom with French Balcony
Cabin A 208
The cabin was very comfortable and beautiful, the bathroom roomy and attractive. The bed was very comfortable and the sitting area convenient. There were even fresh flowers!
Sapphire Deck Balcony Cabins