Norwegian Escape Cruise Review
2,810 Reviews

Awesome trip! Salt free diet=No problem!

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by DrankDrinkDrunk94

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony

My family of 4 had a blast on our second NCL cruise (20th total)! No matter your age (our family ages 23, 54, 54, and 75) NCL does a fantastic job catering to you!

Embarkation was a little messy, but NCL made it known days prior due to the Coast Guard inspection.

First and foremost the Manhattan Dining Room did a fantastic job with my Grandmothers Salt free diet! Vincente (Asst. Maitre'D) did a fantastic job catering to her and making sure she was always satisfied. Only one time wash she told they could not make something which was understandable due to it being Cheddar and broccoli soup (cheese=high salt content). One night she had a fantastic seafood alfredo which I tasted and was amazed of the flavor they were able to create! The service in the MDR made our cruise because we did not have to worry about my grandmothers health. By the time we reached home she had lost 4 lbs!

The bar staff in the atrium (Archie, Kay, Arvell, and Venus) were fun and attentive as well as Chips Ohoy at the 5' Oclock somewhere bar! The DBH bar was great! Brent and Ravi took time explaining different beers and helped greatly in making selections.

Our stay in Bermuda was as perfect as it could be! Bermuda never disappoints (4th time there). Horseshoe bay is always beautiful! Dad and I took a private fishing charter and it was worth every penny.

During our trip we only encountered a few negatives. 1-the food in Food Republic was full of salt and the noodles were overcooked (mush)! 2-the one waitress we encountered in Tepanyaki was rude, she stated to us "listen up I will only say this once" not exactly the type of attitude I want to deal with on my vacation. 3- If you have someone in your group who is handicapped leave extra time for navigating the elevators as people in general have no common courtesy.

Disembarking went quick and simple besides navigating the elevator!

All in all a vacation is what YOU make of it!

DrankDrinkDrunk94's Full Rating Summary

Mid-ship Mini-Suite with Balcony
Cabin MC 11184

Our cabin was great as was the room steward. He made up the couch bed and pull down bed every day so we could sit on the couch if we wanted and was attentitive when we notified him of a leak under our kitchen sink.

DrankDrinkDrunk94