• Help Ukrainian Families in Need: World Central Kitchen Donation Match
  • Cruise Tips

Serenade of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
12 Awards

Different cruise line nice surprise

Review for Serenade of the Seas to the Western Caribbean
Wolf19
10+ Cruises • Age 60s

Sail Date: Oct 2018
Cabin: Ocean View Balcony

My husband and I have traveled on Carnival since 1983 our first of 12 cruise on Carnival. When we saw that Serenade of the Seas went out of Boston ( we live about 20 Minutes from the Dock) we thought we would give it a try. I was excited to see a different cruise line and also a little scared that I wouldn't like it.

While there were many differences between Royal Caribbean and Carnival they seemed to equal each other out. Our balcony state room RC was smaller than our state room on Carnival the bathroom was also smaller but the balcony was bigger so it made up for it. My husband and I are not big gamblers but we do like the Casino, the Casino on RC was very small and limited hard to get around if there were to many people. The entertainment was ok the first few nights but got better as the trip continued. I can not say enough about the service every one of the staff that I had the pleasure of dealing with was excellent in what they do. We did the 3 night package for dinner the specialty dinning rooms were amazing. We only did the main dinning room once in the 12 days the service was great the food was ok. We preferred to do the buffet and eat breakfast lunch and dinner outside on the back of the ship they view was wonderful. The buffet never disappointed always so much to choice from and I must say it is better than Carnivals buffet. Carnival has Guys burgers and other side restaurants like 24 hour pizza to make up for it. Would I take RC again YES but I will also stay true to Carnival as we have had so many great memories I guess it up to the ports of call!

Ocean View Balcony