Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review by NJfamilyvacation

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

A family of 5....kids are 6, 8, 10. This was our 1st Royal cruise. We have been on 3 NCL ones prior. The quality of the kids club was outstanding!!!!! The crowd was great - since the drinking packages are more expensive there was none of the crazy drunks like on NCL (didn't like that). So that's 2 great things - nice people and great kids club.

The ship itself is dated. It's not a new ship, though could have some updates for sure SOONER rather than later.

Food was AWFUL. I work in NYC and don't travel for food though I expect it to be decent. Breakfast was a joke - toast was already toasted so it was always cold. Pancakes were crunchy on the edges and not soft while the Waffles were always soggy/not crispy. Alternatives were not great so overall I was VERY disappointed with the food. Staff was hit or miss. I think some were ready to go on their own vacations. It's a pity though we won't be back for a while to Royal...

NJfamilyvacation's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 4D 14672

Overall the cabin was fine. Nothing special. I have NO idea what Category we were in. We had 2 adjoining rooms with the Ocean view balcony.

Snorkeling

Great company and staff...they did a stellar job.

View All 369 Snorkeling Reviews
Snorkeling

We were given money back. Our tour was HORRIBLE. I think it was our ship since there were 2 boats that took passengers on the trip and the other one seemed to be better managed.

View All 151 Snorkeling Reviews