3. Allure of the Seas
I first sailed the allure back in 2015 and had a 5 star trip. This time I say 3 stars but the dynamic was different because we were traveling with a 15 month old and it was our second time on the ship so the newness of the magnificentance of the ship had worn off a bit. My biggest complaint this time around was it seemed liked the times of activities were really limited. Since we have done a lot of the ports so many times we wanted to just stay on the ship and enjoy it during most port days. To our surprise there was very little to do during port days. All activities and restaurants (except the windjammer) were not open until 3:00-4:00. We only had 2 sea days so we’re expected to cram it all in on those days which was really possible because everything was so crowded. The royal sea tots program also failed us. Our daughter just wasn’t happy there so we had to pick her up after about an hour each visit. The staff in the nursery were doing there best, but the nursery room itself was very empty, boring and nothing to keep them entertained. There was an open play area that parents could bring their kids and that was awesome. My daughter could have stayed there all day had that been the nursery. For a ship as big as the allure I would have expected more. I also had a 5 and 7 year old niece and nephew that tried out the kids program for their age and they simply didn’t like it and cried when they had to go back. The rooms they were in very also very dull and boring. Another thing I had never noticed until traveling with a toddler is you really can’t eat whenever you want. Unless you wanted pizza I found I having to frequently wait for the windjammer to open. On a positive note, I was pleased with the cleanliness of everything on the ship, our stateroom attendant was top notch , and the overall service on the ship was great. The ship was still beautiful and we enjoyed strolling Central Park and the boardwalk and promenade each day. The cabin also seemed smaller then on other ships I have sailed.

2nd time on Allure, not as good as first ! (this time with a toddler)

Allure of the Seas Cruise Review by ETaylor1015

• Sail Date: November 2018
  • Destination: Western Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

The cabin also seemed smaller then on other ships I have sailed.
ETaylor1015’s Full Rating Summary
Ages Under 3
Ages 3 to 6
Ages 7 to 9
Get Royal Caribbean Allure of the Seas price drops

Ocean View Balcony
Cabin 2D 12268
This cabin was ocean view balcony on the left side of the ship. The bed was close to the door so the living area was near the balcony. I usually like it the other way around, but it worked out having the pack and play near the door and we could use the bathroom at night without disrupting the baby.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins

• Beach
    We went to the monkey sloth experience which was one of the best things we have ever done at a port. We then went to the beach and it was beautiful, although we were bothered all day with the locals selling us stuff