• Cheers to 25 years: Celebrate with Us!
  • Find a Cruise
  • Deals
  • Excursions

Adventure of the Seas Review

Editor Rating
21 Awards

Terrible rooms and terrible public relations

Review for Adventure of the Seas to Canada & New England
Joychar98
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2018
Cabin:

As a frequent cruiser, I have maintained that Royal was my favorite line. Not so after this trip.The balcony room that I had, had a thermostat that did not work, toilet that never would flush without manual assistance, and mattress and pillows that were so hard that some cruisers purchased "egg crates" is Quebec City to improve the condition . I repeatedly had to request tissues and toilet paper. Also, there was an adjoining room that made it impossible to block out light and conversations and wake up calls were audible. Also, two of the main elevators were inoperable for the entire trip.

The entire ship was without limes, raisins, Pino Grigio, Jack Daniels and paper bar napkins for the last eight days of the cruise even though we had harbored in Portland and Boston. Exiting the ship in Saint John and Bar Harbor was very poorly organized and time consuming.

On board I expresssed my concerns to front desk personnel and was told that it was as it was and there was nothing to be done. Upon return, I sent a letter defining my concerns to Mr. Bayley, CEO of Royal, and in a response from a member of the Executive staff, again, none of my concerns were discussed.I was offerred a $50.00 OBC on a future cruise within the next year.

Cabin Balcony 6B

Terrible room for above mentioned reasons

Port Reviews

Charlottetown (Prince Edward Island)

Overview of PEI with nice lunch

Halifax

nice hop on hop off

Bar Harbor

Nice to wlk around although tender process poorly organized

Portland (Maine)

Love walking Portland

Port Canaveral (Orlando)

Did not exit ship

Fort Lauderdale (Port Everglades)

Disembarked and happy to exit ship

2 Helpful Votes