Costa Deliziosa Cruise Review

Costa Deliziosa Cruise Review by mmitef

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Suite with Balcony

I took a Costa cruise 35 years ago, before Carnival got in the picture, and had a wonderful time with a friend for 3 nights! As I was celebrating my 60th birthday this year, I wanted to do another cruise. After reading some of the reviews on Costa, I was worried, but trusted my gut and with with them. We got a suite for my birthday. If you like to drink, it's definitely worth it! It also gives you some extra perks that you can read about. The 2 gentlemen that were assigned to our room, were there for our every need! Thank you Ganesh and Dharma!

I had read some reviews that said "all they serve you was pasta!" I have to say, even though we could go to the Club Restaurant with our package, we chose the buffet a lot, just for quickness, and found it hard to even find some pasta! lol There was plenty of food and variety! So I don't know what everyone is talking about! I saw some signs saying, hamburger for $5.00 Euros, but didn't see the need to buy one as there were patties and hot dogs on the buffet and pizza! Whoever is going on this cruise and said they didn't get enough good food, probably needs to go on a American cruise ship where there seems to have food and buffets 24 hours a day! lol

Getting on and off the boat, was very easy. Always seems hectic the first day, so just chill!

Did 3 excursions while there and all done very well and worth the money!

Our favorites were the Abberebello(?) tour in Bari, Italy and the Tuk Tuk in Dubrovnik,

Well done by tour guides and organizers!

there were plenty of activities on board, if you wanted to participate. Games, dance lessons, trivia. Plus they had nice bands during happy hour and the evenings that you could enjoy a drink and a dance.

All the staff was polite and helpful when we needed. I just can't say enough!

We went to stage show, just one late night and heard a wonderful Tenor sing, fantastic!

didn't use any of the fitness rooms, but saw them and took a tour of the spa. All there if you need it!

All in all, well done! If you go with a good and positive attitude and just be patient sometimes, you will enjoy it!!

I would definitely go again!!

mmitef's Full Rating Summary

Suite with Balcony
Cabin S 7316

Clean, comfortable bed. Didn't like our pillows, but they brought us a couple of others to try and all good then! Nice size balcony. Plenty of drawers and closet space for everything No complaints about the rooms!

Alberobello Walking Tour

wonderful. Highly recommend!! town was cute, guide was very knowledgeable.

View All 12 Alberobello Walking Tour Reviews
City Tour

the only reason I give this a 3 is because that day, there were several tour buses in town and it was very crowded!

View All 58 City Tour Reviews
Athens (Piraeus)

we enjoyed the day on our own in Athens. It was my birthday and I have cousins I haven't seen for 8 years, so they picked us up and showed us around and then had a nice lunch and visit before returning to the ship.

What a beautiful city! the tuk tuk is like a larger 3 wheeled golf cart. our tour guide, Thomas, drove us around to all the highlights of Dubrovnik and was very knowledgeable! We then had about 2 hours on our own in the old town, which is so cool! Easy excess to get back to Costa shuttle to take you back to ship.

View All undefined undefined Reviews
Santorini

should have done a tour! tried it on our own and got lost and stressed! took the fast boat package which sounds good, but once you get to Ammoudi Bay, the shuttle into Oia leaves right away. We wanted to have lunch first. Ended up having to walk up the hill to Oia! :(
had a wonderful fresh fish lunch at Dimitries Tavern in Ammoudi Bay!! :) Then once in Oia, didn't know where to catch the shuttle to Fira! we ended up taking the city bus back and trying to find our way to the Cable Car!

mmitef