3. Norwegian Escape
I've been on over 13 cruises with Royal Caribbean, Carnival, Celebrity and Princess so far. This is the first time we sailed with Norwegian, but I am sorry to say that this cruise experience was the worst one ever. What a waste of our 10th wedding anniversary trip! Embarkation and disembarkation - the previous ship came back 3 hours late and it delayed the checked in process on us. With no announcement and explanation, the check-in counters were closed suddenly. We were supposed to check in at 11:30am, but we ended up sitting on the floor like refugees with no foods, no water till almost 3:00pm. Some staffs in the cruise terminal were kind of rude to us. For disembarkation, it's ridiculous that we've been asked to have color tags on our luggage, but there is no tag available at customer service desk when we went there. Ship - The ship design is good, but the only theater is way too small. We have pre-booked shows, but we couldn't get in and find seats. The celling of restaurants and rooms are too low, it makes people feel so clouded. There are only two swimming pools on this ship. The kids pool is 1.5-1.7M deep, which is too ridiculous and danger for kids to enjoy the pool. Most of times the water slides and pools are closed for maintenance or some unknown reasons. Cabin - rooms is kind of small compare with Royal Caribbean same type of room. The two pull-down beds are kind of inconvenience for us to get on/off the bed. My husband even hatted his head few time on the bed frames. Also, too much stuffs in the mini fridge and we can't put milk or other stuffs for my son. The shelves inside the closet are not really accessible to put our clothes. TV is too small and so limited channel selections. Same show repeated few times a day. When the closet door is open, half of the TV is covered. Dining - foods quality in buffet and dining restaurants are terrible. most of meats are too hard and dry. There are really less variety everyday. Even pizza are dry. We are normally exciting to have dinner in the dining room, but this time we are so disappointed and even skipped half of the dinners during our trip. The median rare steak tasted almost like beef jerk. Hardly any meals are good in the dining restaurants. The only good one that we had good dinner was in O'Sheehan, with the service from Emmanuel Malinga. He is really good to explain the menu and make sure we enjoyed the foods there. Also, 30% of the cups in the Garden Café are dirty. Some still with foods, lip inks and coffee marks in the cups. Entertainment and activities - Out of 4 water slides, 3 of them are closed for maintenance during our trip. There were no water in kids splash zoon. We were trying to exchange clean towels, and there were no clean towels available for the whole afternoon. Shows on the ship are not attracted at all, so boring and feels like only the host and performers enjoyed themselves well. Halloween trick or treat activity for kids was so unorganized with no clear direction, nor fun at all. Rowen from dining restaurants is the only good entertainer and made us smile all the time when we saw him. Service - lots of waiters and waitresses in Garden Café are not working hard as other cruise lines. They don't clean tables faster enough to let the next group of people to eat. We saw dirty dishes on the tables all over. Part of the celling cables behind our table fell down one night when we were having snacks in Garden Café. Someone finally came to check 10 minutes later. On the way sailing back to New York, the ship was shaky for over 24 hours that made my parents, husband, my son and myself all sick and vomiting in the room till the ship finally arrived in New York. The ship left Bermuda 2 hours late and it was trying to speeding up to make it back to New York. I would say the sailing time management is really bad. Because of the sickness, we wasted two days in the room doing nothing during our trip. Overall, it was a terrible cruise experience for all of us. We even decided to cancel the another trip we've booked with Norwegian next year. I don't think any of our family members, nor myself will choose to sail with Norwegian in the future.

Worst cruise experience ever, especially for foods and service

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Ivy Liu