3. Viking Star
The cruise itself was ok. The ship is beautiful inside with tasteful decorating and furniture. The weather was beautiful considering all the hurricanes the previous weeks. The food in the general dining area, called the ‘world cafe’ was very good for breakfast ,lunch and dinner. There were two specialty restaurants: the chefs table and the Italian restaurant. The chefs table I thought was decent, but we heard lots of comments on both sides of the table. We had two nights booked for the chefs table, but chose to eat there only one time. The Italian restaurant was definitely lacking. I received a nine oz. steak that was basically marbled fat. When they asked me why I didn’t eat the steak I showed them how it was marbled with fat. We ended up that night again at the world cafe. The entertainers were very good, but entertainment overall was lacking. This was a circle the Caribbean cruise with short tours included. Most of the tours were just not very good. On one tour the bus driver backed into the bus behind us causing all passengers to be moved to other busses. The worst decision we made, only day two on the ship, was to pre-book for a future cruise from Bergen to Stockholm. The pre-booking employee was very nice, but mislead us regarding the cancellation policy. She assured my wife and I that the deposit was fully refundable up to 120 days prior to the cruise, including insurance. She said this at least three times. We thought this was the same as Princess which we’ve sailed with many times. Never a problem. A week after we got home we decided to cancel as it conflicted with other family plans. We then found out that they would not refund the insurance. We were shocked that we had been lied to. A supervisor referred us to page 2 where the small print cancellation policy is. Keep in mind you never get this from the pre-cruise employee until they charge your card and then generate the paperwork. We were told there is no path to resolution. It’s their policy. They keep our $1400 and basically told us too bad. As a warning to all reading our story be very careful when booking with this company and don’t believe everything they say. Unfortunately, we were too trusting.

Viking ocean pre-booking warning!

Viking Star Cruise Review by Lkydawg

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Caribbean

Viking Cruises, Community Team has responded
We appreciate the time you took to provide a detailed review of your recent voyage around the Caribbean Sea, Lkydawg. We are delighted to hear that you found interior spaces to be exceptional, although it is disappointing to learn that your dining experience, as well as the onboard and onshore activities, left you feeling disappointed. Additionally, the miscommunication you’ve described is unusual; rest assured, all of your constructive commentary has been recorded for review by management. Should you like to share additional remarks about your overall Viking Experience, we would be happy to hear from you at TellUs@vikingcruises.com. Thank you for this opportunity to respond, and we wish you a pleasant day.
Lkydawg’s Full Rating Summary