3. Norwegian Sun
We cruised with friends and picked this ship because we wanted to see Cuba. I checked Cruise Critic and wasn't expecting a superior experience. However, to my surprise, it was one of the best cruise experience I have ever had. We usually cruise 2-3 times a year, typically, to get out of the cold so we have been on lots of cruise lines and ships. The staff on the Sun, on many numerous occasions, went out of their way to help us and always with a smile. The food was fabulous and we joked and had fun with the service staff. Everyone was professional and pleasant. I can't say enough about the ship ( staff was always cleaning ), the warm and friendly staff, and Cuba was a fabulous port. The only downside I had was the comic who decided he needed to insult only one side of politics. As many of the "comics" today do, targeting only conservative women and insulting their looks or weight, is not comedy, in my opinion. It was so bad, I can to complain to the entertainment director and was told he heard it too and it was inappropriate and would talk to him. Hopefully, that happened. I came to cruise to have a great time, which I did, not to be insulted. The other shows were wonderful.

Surpassed my expectations

Norwegian Sun Cruise Review by deffenerint

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Cuba
deffenerint’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Sun price drops

Excellent. We had a sleep apnea machine and our steward taped down our cords so we wouldn't trip on them. We didn't even ask him to. Our room was always clean and he was so nice and helpful.
  Norwegian Sun Deck Plans