3. Adventure of the Seas
We knew going in that this was not one of RC's newer ships. We are personally not interested in ships with a passenger capacity of 5,000+ so a "smaller", older ship is usually fine with us. I wonder though if the cruise lines offer lower quality food and amenities on their older ships. The Good: Embarkation was fantastic. We arrived at the port at approximately 11:15 and were on the ship by 11:35. Can't beat that. Crew members were all very friendly. Drinks were excellent, not watered down. Highlights were champagne bar and deck 12 bar above the pool bar. Breakfast in the dining room was excellent, especially the french toast. Ship decor is very nice. Very smooth sail with very little movement. We were always able to easily find four lounge chairs together. Debarkation was smooth and easy. The Bad: The cabin had stains on the couch and the carpet did not appear to be very clean. I wasn't looking for issues but couldn't help but notice an accumulation of dust along the top of the baseboards. I'm not talking a week's worth of dust, I'm talking several weeks. The mattress was more firm than I would like but that is a personal preference and you can't please everyone so no big deal. Our stateroom did not have kleenex in the bathroom despite there being a dispenser for it. I asked the room steward and it was immediately provided however I was informed that kleenex is now a "request only" item. Seriously! A Motel6 provides kleenex! Dinner in the dining room was fair to good. Lunch in the buffet is chaotic with fair food and basically the same offerings every day. The "taco bar" had only hard taco shells, beef chili, and toppings. Burgers and turkey were dry, chicken was good. The So/So: Entertainment - some good, some not so good. Revoiced was excellent. The ship's singers and dancers were only okay. The hypnotist show was not believable to me. The comedian was very good. Most of the live entertainment throughout the day was very good and I enjoy that much more than piped music.

Good but not great.

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by zab4

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Caribbean
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View Balcony

The Good:

Crew members were all very friendly.

Breakfast in the dining room was excellent, especially the french toast.

Ship decor is very nice.

Very smooth sail with very little movement.

We were always able to easily find four lounge chairs together.

Debarkation was smooth and easy.

The Bad: