3. Norwegian Spirit
We sailed on Spirit on a Mediterranean Cruise 2 years ago, loved it so much had to do it again. We weren’t disappointed....in the itinerary or th majority of the staff onboard. We tried 3 different specialty restaurants this time, all were incredible- especially Le Bistro and Cagneys. The weather wasn’t always on our side but it held off during the day for excursions which was great. The activities staff were good, they had a tough crowd...not a lot of people wanting to join in on activities but it was still good. The only concern I had, and still have, there was a young couple at karaoke one evening. The young lady got up to sing, was doing a beautiful job when an older man cane up beside her and put his arm around her. At first we thought he was joining her to sing then quickly realized he was being VERY INAPPROPRIATE and was grabbing her butt. When she pushed him away he quickly ran from the room. Shortly after I saw someone come in and go over to the other side...I walked up to the “stage area” and sat down to look around and realized the man had come back to the room. I immediately went out the door to the bar staff and asked them to call security and I knew that not only was the couple upset but witnesses to the event were also and I was concerned there’d be some sort of encounter. Security came, took statements and pr used to check in with the couple in the morning and speak with witnesses again the next day. A little while later the young woman was approached by the “older mans wife” and others who started giving the young lady a hard time because she had reported her husband...and that this type of behaviour is normal and ok in their country. The young lady asked for security to come back and ensure she’d be safe. Unfortunately non of us heard from security for days and we eventually went to senior officers to get some answers. All the victim wanted was an assurance that the area was being monitored and she was safe, but they couldn’t even take the time to do that. As platinum members we were shocked. We offered up a dining coupon and wine to the couple so they could enjoy a peaceful evening together which they thanked us for. This couple say they will likely never cruise again...sad...we love cruising and we love Norwegian. I don’t think security handled this as professionally and discreetly as they could have. I’ve left a lot out but this gives you an idea of what had transpired. I for one will never try karaoke , knowing know how situations are handled.

Mediterranean is Beautiful

Norwegian Spirit Cruise Review by judester11

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Eastern Mediterranean
  • Cabin Type: Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window

I for one will never try karaoke , knowing know how situations are handled.
judester11’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Spirit price drops

Mid-Ship Oceanview Picture Window
Cabin OB 5598
Cabin was clean, but very tiny. This cabin was also underneath one of the main dining rooms which apparently gets rearranged or heavy cleaning done at night...when your trying to sleep. Disappointed
Deck 6 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins