3. Norwegian Escape
We were finally talked into taking a cruise when my sister and brother-in-law invited us along. I've traveled extensively but had never taken a cruise. I must say that I've never been more thoroughly impressed with an overall vacation experience than I was with our NCL cruise. Everything on the ship was immaculate, and there wasn't a place on board that didn't feel modern and fresh. From the overall cleanliness of the cabin, to the pool deck, to the selection of restaurants, there wasn't a single complaint. We tried Cagney's, La Cucina, the Japanese restaurant, the French bistro, and the Bayamo seafood restaurant. Each one was great. (Okay, Bayamo didn't seem to be quite as satisfying as the others, but I'm not sure if it was because it was later in the week or if we were overloaded from our previous experiences.) The bottom line is that we've never experienced better overall quality, even at a resort, than what we experienced on our NCL cruise. It's true that the cabin was cozy, but the bed was comfortable and the shower was perfectly functional. We had a balcony, and that made it great for having morning coffee in private. The "standard" dining options were also outstanding. We had dinner at the Manhattan Room and had breakfast or lunch at the Garden Cafe almost every day. For a buffet, I've never seen a better selection of fresh foods and made-to-order options. As a final note, I expected that the ship would feel crowded. After all, there a lot of people on board. I was very pleasantly surprised to find that there were always lounges, bars, or deck areas that offered adequate privacy and space. Even when waiting for shows, there may have been lines, but they were always managed well. Overall, I'm extremely pleased with my cruise experience, and I can't wait to go again.

Far Better Than I Ever Imagined

paul8345’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Large Balcony Stateroom
Cabin B6 9128
The cabin was fine. The bed was comfortable and the shower was good. It would be good if there was a way to better organize luggage. The only way to have two suitcases open was for them to occupy the entire couch. This didn't leave any room to sit except for the small stool or the balcony chairs. We weren't in our cabins, except to sleep, bathe, and dress for the most part, so it didn't really matter.
Deck 9 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins