3. Island Princess
We choose this cruise as it was a short quick getaway with some nice stops along the way. Would of loved to have stayed longer in some of the cities, but I guess it would of added a couple more days on, which we wouldn't of minded. It was a smaller ship, which we like. The state rooms are cramped and washrooms need to be made bigger. The crew were friendly enough. I don't like the fact you have to buy all the fruit drinks after breakfast and one has to ask for different juice at breakfast, as all you push on us is orange juice. That coffee syrup you call coffee is awful. You should serve brewed coffee all day free, instead of having to buy a expensive coffee card to get brewed coffee and so many specialty coffee's. We seem to be Nickeled and Dimed continually on Princess. Gratuity cost of so much a day is illegal to charge. It's up to the passenger if he or she wishes to tip. The price of the cruise is only what needs to be paid and not us forced to help pay, over and above the wages they receive from you. The dining staff were good in working with me about what I could have or not or adjusting things so I could eat somethings. Ports were good we went to, but we could of stayed longer in some, as I said before. Activities were lacking or at the wrong time and the Captain Circle meet and greet, clashed with our dinner time, so we missed it and the first meet the crew and Captain in Mid ships we also missed because of dinner. Entertainment was good, but not always two shows, so it was rushed to get too.

Coastal cruise

Island Princess Cruise Review by Don Kennedy

Don Kennedy’s Full Rating Summary
Get Island Princess price drops

Oceanview
Cabin OE P528
Small cabins and washrooms are tiny. Showers are something else and need to be made bigger. Beds have somewhat improved since the last cruise we were on.
Emerald Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins