3. Norwegian Escape
Cruise was supposed to go to Bermuda, changed to Bahamas two days before. Impending hurricane so this was understandable but when we boarded the ship my wife's luggage was delivered to the wrong room. I inquired where it was. The staff said it was delivered to my stateroom. It was not. The staff insisted it was and I brought him to my stateroom and asked him where he left it? He said in the room. I said, well it's not here. He then told me that I would have to go to the main lobby and ask them to look for it. I then did just that but still no luggage. After an hour and a half my wife's luggage was finally located in another passengers room and it was delivered to our room. Immediately we noticed that our ship tag had been cut from the bag. I had triple secured it to the luggage, for just this reason that it wouldn't be lost. Someone removed it. Maybe staff, because I asked how they could lose a bag that was clearly marked and so secure. If it was a passenger this seems worse. My wife was upset that a stranger looked inside her luggage where her personal belongings were located. The ship staff sent strawberries and a bottle of wine for the mix up. Then to add insult to injury the trip was changed again after visiting Norwegian's private island. No Nassau Bahamas. We were given a 30 dollar refund for port charges. We never ported at a foreign port. The cruise staff was very rude during the cruise especially in the dining areas. I understand that the passengers were unhappy and were probably not that nice to them but they reciprocated by giving poor service. When I returned home I sent a certified letter to guest relations; no response. I filed a complaint with guest services; no response. I again filed a second complaint citing my letter and my first complaint with its' assigned number. I also called and they said it had to be in writing. Today they responded by saying that these things happen, the weather, the lost luggage, etc. and that we were compensated with strawberries and wine. Have a nice day. I am deeply disappointed in Norwegian. This was my eighth cruise with them and maybe my last.

Cruise from hell