3. Viking Hild
You could tell from the first day that Viking Hild had a special relationship within the crew and with the passengers. This was my second time sailing and it far surpassed my first! There were a few challenges with river water levels, but it did not interfere with the upbeat atmosphere of the entire voyage. The port excursions were well thought. The Cruise Director was great, well informed and always on hand. My favorite shore excursion was in Strasbourg, France. "Taste the Best of Alsace" was all day and great fun! We sampled many different local foods and wine. The Gothic Strasbourg Cathedral was awe inspiring from the architecture to the famous astronomical clock. Having grown up in a US Navy family, being a Navy Nurse and married to a 30 year Naval Officer, I was happy to pay my respects to General George Patton in Luxembourg at the American Cemetery. The cruise culminated in Switzerland and our visit to the Alps proved the "hills are alive with the Sound of Music!"

The entire crew, from Captain to cook, were the best!!

Viking Hild Cruise Review by HomeportSD

• Sail Date: August 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Veranda Suite
HomeportSD’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Hild price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin AA 328
Our cabin steward, Mila, was a great help!
Upper Deck Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins