3. Adventure of the Seas
Flew into San Juan the day before the cruise and stayed at Conrad Condado Plaza. Nice enough for one night. Embarkation was fair. We were on board by 1:00 p.m. for an 8:00 p.m. departure. Cabin was nice but the balcony was closed in and did not have the see-through front like I am accustomed to. I'm glad I got a super discount on this balcony cabin or I would have been upset. Our cabin was on the curve to the hump and the angle made the balcony slightly larger. Cabin steward did a good job. Had early dining at a table for four with our travel companions. All food was good - some was excellent. Some days dining room service was extremely slow and others it was fine. Windjammer seating was hard to find on several occasions. Ice skating show was excellent as usual. Only saw one parade as we couldn't find a viewing spot for the other two. The Beatles show was very good and the others we saw were fair. Finding a lounge chair any place on this ship was impossible. Half the chairs had folded towels on them for saving and nothing was done about it. Two days we walked all decks over and over and never found a chair. One day we finally removed two towels and an hour and a half later a woman came and complained that she was saving them!! There are crew members with "Deck Patrol" printed on their shirts but I'm not sure what they do. Chair saving is a huge problem. The casino is large and as expected has its crowded nights. The promenade is a great place to people watch and to relax with a cup of coffee in the cafe. We didn't frequent any bars but one area with a piano player and vocalist was consistently packed. I'm not sure why - he was awful. The vocalist in the promenade pub sounded great. Our cruise was packed with the rudest, pushiest, loudest people I have ever encountered. I don't know if they were local but the majority of them did speak (or rather yelled) San Juan's native language. A young woman in the cabin across from ours must have been running a brothel as she had men lined up outside her door at 3 o'clock in the morning. The shouting woke us up. All ports were wonderful. Curacao and Dominica were both new to us and we enjoyed them very much. The ship is beautiful and in good shape. There were lots of activities to keep everyone busy. Staff was very nice. Royal Caribbean's Crown and Anchor benefits have diminished drastically just as I am ready to leap to the next level. I feel my loyalty waning. There are lots of other cruise lines to try though so my cruising days are definitely not over. Debarkation was fairly quick; however, the San Juan Airport was a total nightmare. We were not offered valet luggage service on this cruise. We spent well over an hour in line just to get through security. I hope I never again have to go to that airport, EVER.

Our Southern Adventure

Adventure of the Seas Cruise Review by lovelife

Embarkation was fair. We were on board by 1:00 p.m. for an 8:00 p.m. departure.
lovelife’s Full Rating Summary
Rates
Get Royal Caribbean Adventure of the Seas price drops

Cabin 6310 has a closed in balcony and does not have the see-through front like I am accustomed to. Cabin is on the curve to the hump and the angle makes the balcony slightly larger. Cabin is roomy for two people.
  Adventure of the Seas Deck Plans