3. Queen Mary 2 (QM2)
Ive completed nearly 20 cruises but wasn't sure how I would cope with 7 sea days as I was worried I would be bored. Needn't have worried as there was so much to do we couldn't fit it all in! Cabin was a balcony cabin. We booked a sheltered cabin on the advice of the cunard rep and it was great. Didn't use it that much (just to look out to sea and for whale / dolphin spotting) but we were certainly sheltered from any wind and rain. Cabin was spotless and up to the normal standards. Compact but plenty of room for everything. Ive travelled on all the cunard ships, Celebrity, Princess, Royal Caribbean and this was certainly the best food we have had. Evening choices- the lamb rack was excellent, lobster, beef always good. I did have pheasant and don't think it was a popular dish and was a little overcooked as i think it was on the pass too long but was quickly swapped for another choice. Kings Buffet always had a lot of choice and plenty of places to sit. You do have to walk round all the sections as they are split into types rather than all being together but made it feel more like a restaurant than a canteen so appreciated this. Always appreciate having real plates rather than plastic plates and mugs. Entertainment suited us. Really interesting lectures (Tom Parker Bowles, Dickie Arbiter), Planetarium wasn't as good as expected but think i was probably a little tired when we went. We did the bridge classes which were great fun. Lots of good music and dancing all around. We couldn't fit in everything we wanted to do each day. I like dressing up and i think nearly everyone dressed for dinner.Very casual in the day and anything goes. the theatre shows weren't to my taste. The welsh comedian was good. Service everywhere was excellent The art gallery was also excellent and Alex and co did a great job, thank you Would definitely recommend and have booked again (booking onboard is really worth it and you get so much on board credit )

Way better than expected

Queen Mary 2 (QM2) Cruise Review by PHBewdley

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Transatlantic
  • Cabin Type: Balcony, sheltered

Service everywhere was excellent

The art gallery was also excellent and Alex and co did a great job, thank you

PHBewdley’s Full Rating Summary
Get Cunard Queen Mary 2 (QM2) price drops

Balcony, sheltered
Cabin BV 5151
Clean, efficient. Liked having the kettle.
Toiletries were good - i love penhaligans
plenty of storage