Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review
1,207 Reviews

Fabulous adult fun on the Bliss

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by Robsha

• Sail Date: Oct 2018
  • Destination: the Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

We really enjoyed our cruise on Bliss. It's very big ship with lots of dining and entertainment options. It was also Halloween and we had like 1000 singles on the ship, so that was great people watching. We flew in the night before and stayed at the Hyatt regency in Long Beach. I can't say enough good things about it. It was perfect and about 15-20 mins to port. We had a gorgeous view of the queen Mary which we unfortunately didn't have enough time to visit.

The one part that was not pleasant was check in at San Pedro world cruise center. It was extremely chaotic, very little signage. Our Lyft driver was confused. Porters were taking new luggage and helping passengers getting off. Super confusing mixing the two different cruises.

Once we figured out where to go, the line wasnt bad. It moved sort of quickly. Once through security we waited in another line to get checked in and receive room keys. Again signage was poor and we had to ask. Disembark was also poor and chaotic once off the ship.

At check in they didn't give us a map of the ship and we had to go back and ask. By the time we got in to the boarding wait area... they had started boarding groups 1-4. We were group 21. We waited about 20 mins and were on the ship by 11:15 am.

Once on the ship we ran for guest services but were told that Vibe Beach club passes were already sold out. I think they only have 70 of them. Somewhat discouraged we went to the Social to book go karts, laser tag and shows.

That was fairly easy and short. Laser tag was 9.95 and go karts too. Happy hour prohibition was 35.98 but includes 5 regular sized drinks. Plus we loved that show but not for kids. Once booked we headed up to the garden Cafe and pool deck on 16.

Lots of people , we grabbed a snack and a drink and two loungers in the shade. Sail away was pretty easy to entertaining but drinks expensive and no straws.

Then off to check out our balcony room...more on that in room review but we liked it.

First show was ¡Havana!. It was great and we both enjoyed it. It was an original musical, lots of singing and dancing but blessedly short. I think a little over an hour. Get there early 20 mins for a good seat. We sat middle row in the middle. Very much enjoyed it.

Next we saw Jersey Boys and though longer...2 hours it was fabulous and Broadway quality. Very entertaining story, awesome singers and sets. Again get there early...we were late and sat too far back and couldn't see as well as I would have liked. I would have seen this twice but we went to the last one.

We did not see comedy but heard it was great. Too much to do.

Pool was great with an adults only pool next to the kids water park area. We did one water slide but I didn't have the courage to do the ocean loop because u drop 10 feet. Lots of seating but it fills up fast.

Go karts! So fun! Do it once and prepare to get dirty. They are electric but still pretty fast. I got bumped a few times so if u have back or neck issues don't do it. We waited at least 30-40 mins after reservation time in line. Ladies don't bring a purse, they won't hold it and there's no where to put it. My boyfriend ended up winning first place.

Ride is only about 10 mins long.

Bars were so amazing on this ship. We went to almost all of them. But district brewhouse and sugar cane mojito were our favorites. My boyfriend did the beer tasting ($23) one afternoon and really enjoyed it. We also got the mojito flight for 19.95 one afternoon which is 6 mini different mojitos and loved that. I wish we had gotten two! We did not have the drink package. Atrium bar and Q smokehouse were also awesome places for drinks. We also really enjoyed Margaritaville. It's 14.95 but worth it. Lots of food and best burger on the ship. I would say that place had the funnest staff too. Most everywhere the service was good to great. We didn't have a bad experience but some places were nicer than others.

Dining- we mostly did specialty restaurants. We ate in Manhattan room once and though service was good, the table was in a bad location near where they scrape plates into a huge gross pile of food. Not what u want to see. The waiter was very quick with the wine pours! Good was decent to good but nothing special.

The Q Smokehouse- we loved this place and went twice for dinner. Fabulous smoked meats in the pit master platter! Highly recommend. 4 kinds of meat including brisket! Jalapeno cornbread was delicious! Awesome country music. A must do!

Ocean Blue- we should have sat outside for this one but we didn't....food was great. I had bacon wrapped seabass and it was the best Seafood of the cruise. Salmon cakes were perfect. Highly recommend this one too.

Cagney's- was ok. Not amazing. Probably would have rather done Q again. But not bad.

Los lobos- this was a tough sell for me. It was good but the restaurant it replaced Moderno Chucusarria was my favorite and truly amazing. Other Norwegian ships have that restaurant still. I'd rather go there. But it was good... Standard Mexican fare.

Food Republic- kinda chilly in here but neat views with no outdoor seating. Really neat mini plates of food and worth the alarm carte prices. I thought the shrimp phad thai was delish.

We also checked out the bake shop and the sweet chocolate place. Yummy truffles and bon bons. Worth it if u like chocolate and affordable.

We thought the Local was not as good as it's predecessor O'Sheenhans.

Also almost all the places for breakfast serve the same thing every day. This gets old by day 5. Norwegian should address this. Not everyone likes eggs, waffles, cereal or pancakes. We very much enjoyed freestyle dining. I hate eating dinner the same time every day.

All the ports were great... Mazatlan was my favorite and we did our own adventure in each port. Cabo was a blast. More time in port would have been better. Tendering went very well in Cabo.

There is a ton for adults to do on this ship. They do have kid things but most of the entertainment is more adult centric which we really liked.

We also got a day pass to the thermal suite and loved it too. So worth it for 60 per person. The therapy hot tub /pool is huge and very effective. I also thought the snow room was fun..wear shoes...and the aromatic steam room was great.

Parties- Caliente was very hip. A glow party on deck. Music was loud and dancey. We brought a 100 glow sticks to give out and the kids enjoyed this a lot.

Nashville nights and lights was also a blast. This is current country not old country. Lots of line dancing and very fun with a live band, Greg white Jr. Our fav.

We also listened to and very much enjoyed Tim Boaz on the piano in the district brewhouse. Great piano songs and super cool guy.

Actually most of the music was really good.

One of our favorite things was hanging out in the observation deck. You really have to go here. It's huge and amazing and comfy. People tend to camp out here but if you go later at night, there's always a seat. Very well done. All ships should have a place like this.

We will absolutely sail the Bliss again. Maybe try Alaska next time. Also we had a fun time at our cruise critic meet and greet. Very fun meeting different people.

Bring straws! They don't have them. Keep calm and sail on!

Robsha's Full Rating Summary

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BF 9248

We liked our balcony cabin. It has lots of storage except for the closet for hanging clothes. Theres only one! Only 2 things that could have used improvement. When the bed is not located near the door to the balcony theres a weird bump out where the TV is and the walkway narrows so much you have to squeeze by each time. Gets old by day 3. The other thing was not enough closet space to hang dresses. They all touched and crumpled the Hem of floor length dresses. Not cool. Bed- big and comfy.(king). Nice reading lamps and ambient lighting. Cool USB charge ports on both sides. Bathroom- good size, glass shower door, no curtain. Great storage in there. Balcony- on smaller end but adequate. Two chairs and small table. We were right above the waterfront area so there was a white panel out past our balcony but that was good because then we had more privacy. All in all a good room. We were good to sleep and never heard music from the bars unless opened the door to the balcony. Gorgeous morning views as we were on the starboard side. We liked deck 9. Great location

Robsha