Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review

Enchantment of the Seas Cruise Review by senkler

• Sail Date: Nov 2018
  • Destination: the Bahamas
  • Cabin Type: Ocean View

My sister and I found a last minute deal and needed a quick getaway so this 3 night/4 day trip on Royal Caribbean's Enchantment of the Seas fit the bill. We have both cruised before, RC, Carnival, Norwegian, RSS.

I did not have high expectations on this cruise due to the reviews I read. However, I was very surprised. We were in cabin 2626. While it was small, it was bigger than most my sister had cruised in. I am used to balcony's but this room was not bad. It did show a little wear, but it was still clean. There were lots of cubbies and drawers for us to keep our belongings. While the bathroom was small, it is a cruise ship so we expected that. Our room steward was kind enough to bring us robes at our request and he kept the room tidied. He only missed towel animals one night.

Windjammer was what you expect at a buffet on a cruise, packed. We avoided it for the most part. We did eat breakfast there one day when we got up early and there were hardly any lines. We had breakfast in My Fair Lady as well and the service and food were very good.

Dinner however was spectacular. The service we received from Harrshad and Iketut brought to memory the days of cruising before there were automatic gratuities, back when the staff had to work to get a tip. Top notch.

We didn't experience the normal issues we have run into on cruises in the past, lots of lines, crowds, rude people and shoving. Only exception were some women at dinner on the last night who didn't seem to realize they were not the only people in the dining room and that not everyone wanted to listen to their shrieking during dinner. Also, some cruising college students who didn't understand that parties in the hall between cabin doors on a cruise ship are in poor taste.

The spa was nice and the team there can help you to relax.

Coco Kay was a lot of fun, clean and easy to enjoy.

Blue Lagoon Island was another story. We signed up for the Stingray Encounter and Beach Day. After watching the tour operator mimic sex with the stingray in front of guests (went on for at least 10 minutes) we decided to skip that nastiness and headed to the beach.

All in all, I would cruise RC again and I would cruise on Enchantment of the Seas again. Coco Kay, yes. Blue Lagoon Island, no.

senkler's Full Rating Summary

Ocean View
Cabin 6N 2626

Small but clean. This cabin has an adjoining door to the cabin next door. The room steward split the king into two twin's so we didn't have to share a bed. Lots of cubbies and drawers to keep your belongings. Has a window, not a port hold. The room did not have a sofa, but it did have a sitting chair and the vanity chair.

Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience

We booked the Blue Lagoon Island Stingray Encounter and Beach day. We ended up skipping the stingray encounter because the male operator was making sexual references and touching the stingray in a sexual manner. It was disturbing. The beach was fine but we will not return to Blue Lagoon.

View All 108 Balmoral Island & Sting Ray Experience Reviews
Perfect Day at CocoCay

The beach loungers are on the quiet side so it was relaxing. The food was okay, nothing spectacular. The floating bar was fun.

senkler