My travel companions and I (we were a group of 4 in two cabins/ 2 people in each cabin) chose this cruise for the itinerary, price and the fact that we had never before sailed on Norwegian and wanted an opportunity to try the Norwegian cruise line. Unfortunately we were extremely disappointed with just about the entire experience. Specifically,
1. Cabin steward never came by to introduce himself.
2. Bathroom floor not cleaned for several days
3. Dirty glasses left in cabin for several days
4. Food in all dining areas (Magenta, Grand Pacific & Garden) constantly cold had to ask the waiter to make certain food brought to us was hot.
5. No waiter service in Atrium/lobby area
6. Housekeeping never cleaned tables in Atrium/Lobby area, we sat in lobby area 2 times an each time dirty empty coffee cups and glasses were left on table from previous guest for an hour and not removed until we complained to Guest Services.
7. Toilet in cabin stopped working twice!!
8. Shower hose in my sister's cabin broke while she was taking a shower.
9. Toilet on very weird angle, literally when you sat on it you had to twist your body so as to face the shower...strange...peculiar, but mostly very uncomfortable.
10. Bartender in club Bliss was clearly drinking and trying to cover it up by sucking on lemons which he grabbed from the garnishment dish with his bare hands as a staff person in a suit looked on unconcerned.
11. Waiter in Bliss lounge never came over to take drink orders and never cleaned the tables. The waiter did however go behind the bar to cover for his friend the bartender who was drinking liquor he poured into plastic cups and then went into a back room to drink.
12. Over a 7 day cruise only saw one lone housekeeper wiping down one stairway rail..on other cruise line housekeeping crew are out in numbers and constantly wiping, washing and cleaning but not on Norwegian.
13. Freestyle dining was a disaster, as a party of 4 we were not allowed to make reservations so for the 3 times we showed up at Grand Pacific/Magenta we had to wait to be seated one time we were given an electronic buzzer to alert us when our table was ready just like eating at some cheesy chain restaurant.
14. At one dinner time in Pacific or Magenta (can't remember which one) we were seated right next to table where waiters were depositing dirty dishes but that's not the worst part, the absolute worst was the right next to the dirty dish table was the "clean" table were our waiter was sorting our meals...talk about yuck we had to sit near dirty dishes and then watch as our food was inches away from literal garbage.
14.Day before debarkation went to Guest Services to ask a question about luggage tags and the Guest Services crew person acted like we were bothering her, which maybe we would have understood if she had been busy, but she was just standing there doing nothing .
15. After disappointing meals in Grand Pacific/Magenta we ate most of the rest of our meals in Garden (buffet) where we had to wait or hunt down seats after which we had to beg someone to clean the tables and supply silverware.
16. During meals in Garden housekeeping crew came over, while we were still eating our meals, and asked that we move our feet so they could clean/sweep under our table. We were appalled but also confused because why they didn't seem to mind interrupting our meal to clean under our table we had to beg someone to clean the top of the table before we could sit down.
17. Crew person designated to spray hand sanitizer at entrance Garden dining area was a woman who appeared to be of Asian descent. Each time when we entered she would say "Washee, Washee" which to us sounded like some play on an Asian stereotype. Even though the crew member was Asian it made us very uncomfortable...why on earth does Norwegian allow the obvious use of such negative stereotypical phrases.
18. Every cruise line I've been on including Carnival, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean supplied bath robes...but not Norwegian, we were unpleasantly surprised to not have bath robes when we checked the closest in our cabin.
18. Given how health conscious everyone is trying to be these days we were disappointed yet again at breakfast when my sister asked for lactose free milk only to be told that they had run out.
19. There were red biohazard containers in our cabin bathrooms (which we did not request none of us use any kind of disposable needles) which the cabin steward did not remove...seeing the red containers was not only unsettling it was downright creepy.
20. The lighting in the cabins was so dim you could barely see anything including no extra lighting around the vanity mirror how on earth are you supposed to apply makeup or do anything!
The best feature of our cabin was the shower which we found to be roomier than most cruise line showers, however the toilet was on a very weird angle so that you could not sit on it with your back to the lid as you normally would...at 5'6 I had to twist my body to face the shower in order to sit on the toilet. The Steward did not clean the bathroom floor everyday and did not give us clean drinking glasses everyday. The cabin lighting was absolutely horrible especially the vanity mirror area, there was only one lone light bulb at the top of the vanity and the entire cabin can only be described as very dim.
Truly enjoyed Halifax! Just got off ship and walked around, had a great time,,,been to Halifax many times before and this last time was just as wonderful as the previous visits.
Great Time, also been to St. John before, always a nice place to visit.
My first time in Bar Harbor, really enjoyed the shopping.
Been to Boston several times before and always have a good time including this visit and yes I took a pic of myself outside of Cheers bar.