3. Silver Shadow
I returned to Silversea after four years (having been unable to travel in that time) and as a solo traveller for the first time - it was like coming home, from the initial warm welcome, the brilliant service, superb food (much improved since last time), lovely butler service (thank you Gideon), as much champagne as I could drink - yes Silver Shadow is a little tired in places but it is still very much a five star experience. With only once exception the on shore tours were well organised and good value. I didn't bother with the solo travellers get together after the first night as it was so easy to get to know people and I didn't have a single evening where I needed to eat on my own. The joy of small ship cruising! It was good to see some old faces on board like Kirk the Cruise Director and Anita Labs on the shore concierge desk - and lots of passengers were booking future cruises which proves to me that Silversea are still doing things right for their discerning customer base.

As good as ever

Herefordshire’s Full Rating Summary
Get Silversea Silver Shadow price drops

Veranda Suite
Cabin V2 530
Lovely comfortable bed with a choice of pillows, superb linen and fluffy towels, spotlessly clean - verandah a little tired due to age of ship but nothing to complain about!
Deck 7 Suite Cabins