DO NOT BOOK A CRUISE WITH MSC
Our experience with MSC on a Caribbean cruise in Jan 2018 was the worst experience we have ever had. Most of the 14 days was spent having to complain. Not a holiday.Just full of stress.
We have enjoyed cruises with most of the other major companies, so have plenty of experience to do this comparison
Listed below are the reasons why:
It is an Italian company and they do not really cater for the English
The staff are not very friendly and can be very rude to you at times
You cannot reserve your flight seats together prior to departure
There is no guarantee you will be seated together on the flight
Beware of being upgraded as it is not always a better cabin
The cabin steward:
• is not very welcoming or respectful
• never remembers your name
• no frills like animals made from towels or chocolates on the bed at night
The drinks package included is very basic, with only one type of draught lager and local spirits. They try to get you to spend more upgrading to the branded drinks
No captain announcements throughout the cruise
Only one leaving party from 7 days when leaving port
• Main theatre shows can be repeated after 7 days.
• Very poor entertainment. We had a woman singing Queens songs!
• No pub quizzes
• Bingo very expensive and in many languages
• Opera if you like it
• When asked for milk in coffee, he poured in drinking choc
• When asked for milk in tea, he poured coffee into it
• Not much English choice
• Food is not always hot, but luke warm
• Only wine and water served at your table
• There can be a number of ports where passengers embark and disembark. This means there will be a muster drill that night where all the bars are closed for 45 mins, so no drinks available
• The bar staff do not like serving you directly and tell you to see the waitress
• The waitress takes your order, which can take up to 30 mins to be delivered
• Only certain drinks available at certain bars. You have to search as they will not get it for you. One night we had to go searching to get Sprite!
• On deck the waitress service is only available in certain areas. They never walk around the ship to get your order.
• You are only allowed one pool towel a day. You have to go to reception to beg for a replacement
• When entering the restaurant, only on occasions do you see a crew member offering you sanitation for your hands
• Sometimes the dispensers are empty
• We were sent out in the pouring rain and got soaked. No refund given
• They seem to feel by giving a free limited food voucher, all will be forgiven
• If you complain to MSC directly, they will give you all sorts of excuses.
Just got back from a Royal Caribbean cruise and our faith in cruising has been fully restored
MSC NEVER AGAIN!!!