3. Norwegian Bliss
I cruised over Halloween week with a large hosted singles group. While I pretty quickly figured out that the hosted-singles thing wasn't my cup of tea, I was entirely pleased with the Bliss, and with NCL in general. The ship itself is absolutely beautiful. It rarely felt crowded, except for a few times when trying to get an elevator right after a show let out, but that's just the nature of a megaship. Otherwise, I could always find a lounger or a seat at the bar. The cabins are well-laid out, with three (!) outlets at the vanity of our balcony cabin, instead of one as on the older Jewel-class ships. The closet had a hanging rod & some open shelving. Could have used a little more drawer storage space (there's only the two drawers under the sofa,) but we made it work. Everyone we encountered was great, from our room steward to the bartenders to the Guest Services folks that we had to speak with a couple times. Service in the MDRs was sometimes a little leisurely; but I was generally seated with a large group, so blamed the slowness on that. I really liked the shows, which is an area where NCL really shines. Jersey Boys was outstanding, and ¡Havana! was quite well-done & beautifully staged, if a little short on plot. Some in my group thought it was going to be another Broadway-style show & complained that it was boring, but, hey, I liked it for the song-and-dance revue that it was. Wasn't too impressed by the comedy shows, they seemed a little flat. The unexpectedly-wow show was Happy Hour Prohibition. Don't miss it, it's a great up-close cabaret style revue that's a little goofy & a little naughty & all good fun! I spent every spare moment in the Thermal Suite. It has a good-sized pool and lots of seating in the saunas & steam room. Plenty of tile loungers facing aft were a good way to enjoy a leisurely sea day, watching the water. Loved, loved, loved Bliss; and can't wait to sail her again.

Blissed out on the Mexican Riviera

Norwegian Bliss Cruise Review by trivimp

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Mexican Riviera
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Loved, loved, loved Bliss; and can't wait to sail her again.
trivimp’s Full Rating Summary
Get Norwegian Bliss price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BD 11726
Cabin was pristine, and reasonably well laid out. Shelves, not drawers, in the closet area. Could have used a little more storage in the bathroom, too; but the shower was a bit bigger than I expected.
Deck 14 Inside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins