3. Viking Aegir
This was our very first River Boat Cruise. We have done many Ocean cruises and this is much slower, much more relaxing and much more intimate. The crew gets to know you by name and so do a lot of the other passengers. Service is excellent and personal and the prices are much lower than on the ocean cruises. We have a free walking type of excursion each and every day to explore the new location and this was great! Entertainment is limited as there is only room for the same performers for most of the trip. There is some stops where locals are brought on board and that was nice for a change. It is quick and easy to embark and disembark - this was a nice feature. No big lineups. The cruise director was excellent and even helped us set up our own customized side trip. We ended up changing ships due to the water level being too high at part of the River, and the Viking group made it simple and as easy as possible. I found that once I let myself slow down to relax the slower pace of this cruise that I did really enjoy the trip. And it was so nice to explore Countries and Ports that I have never been to. So yes, I would definitely go again.

Relaxing on the Rhine

Viking Aegir Cruise Review by roycleeves

• Sail Date: July 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Deluxe Stateroom

So yes, I would definitely go again.
roycleeves’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Aegir price drops

Deluxe Stateroom
Cabin E 100
There is really just room for the bed, etc - yet that is all we needed in there.

The counter area and fridge, etc all worked well.

We were the first cabin in the lower level and sometimes at a stop the gang plank went right over our room. Not a problem yet if you wanted to sleep in it might have been.
Main Deck Outside Cabins