3. Viking Skirnir
This cruise was well worth it. This was our first time doing a river boat cruise and we expected the shore excursions to be so-so. Turns out they were of extremely high calibre and the guides were absolutely outstanding. The staff were very friendly and always willing to help. The only reason I gave an overall rating of 4 as opposed to 5 is due to the fact that the dining seating arrangements are geared towards extroverts. All tables in the dining room seat 6 and seating is on a first come first serve basis. This means that you are always dining with other people. This is OK for the first 4-5 days but both my wife and I are introverts and after a while we were people out. The Aquavit lounge provides a bit of a relief from this as there are two tables for 2 (the others are tables for 4) but given that we were not the only introverts on the ship, these were prized and very difficult to get. That said, this was the only downside. Otherwise, the experience was exceptional. Kudos to Stephen Guy our cruise director who went out of his way to make this an even more enjoyable cruise.

Totally worth it

jmaurice’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Skirnir price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 315
Excellent mid-ship location. Relatively small but we did not spend a lot of time in it. The shower was top rate.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins