3. Diamond Princess
Chose cruise for itinerary and was not disappointed. I had always wanted to see the area and the cruise and pre- cruise cruisetour provided just the right opportunity.However, it was the deadest cruise I've encountered. Little music, lounges closed early and stocking of supplies was deficient. Otherwise from beginning to end the dining, stateroom service and shore excursions were of the usual high Princess standards. The ports of call were well organized sans Xiamen. Overall the staff was engaging, friendly and provided excellent service. That is except for the cruise director. I tried to talk with her on a couple of occasions, but she was not interested in talking. It seems she could use some customer satisfaction training. I have cruised with Princess over fifteen times and regretfully this cruise ranks toward, if not the bottom of the list from an over-all experience. However, because of past experience, I will not let this disappointment prevent me from sailing with Princess again. I have even booked another cruise on Princess.

Highlights of Japan

jscjasper’s Full Rating Summary
Get Diamond Princess price drops

Grand Suite with Balcony
Cabin S1 c420
Cabin was in good condition although the sofa needs replacing.
Baja Deck Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins