3. Viking Beyla
We chose this cruise because it fit our calendar and took us to new places and some we wanted to see again. Staff was great and several stops were excellent and a few could be improved upon. Prague was superb but we had been there before and knew how to use the public transportation. The included tours were good. We also went off the Czech National Technical Museum which I had seen before. It is an amazing place for those with an interest in technology history and especially the birth of modern astronomy, which took place in Prague in 1600. There is a tie in between this and Jewish community which might be an interesting thing to develop. The Lobkowicz Palace tour is well worth its cost. The walk through the Bastei in the Saxon Alps was also very good. The Meissen stop was also excellent. A large part is a factory demonstration, museum and shopping trip but very well done. The town itself is also fine walking tour. Wittenburg was also well dpne and well planned. It is hard to argue with the amount of Luther shown but I would have preferred to see more of the Kranichs (elder and younger). I would like to have spent more time in Torgau. I suspect we missed a lot. I did not find the Worlitz stop worthwhile, although I did enjoy seeing details of how they do their plantings, I would prefer skipping the stop and spending more time in Potsdam. A city walking tour might be very good. On or last visit there we did the Palaces from t4he outside and spent more time at the Potsdam conference site and I think that is a better choice for a first visit; We did want to see the inside and it worked for us. We did not spend a lot of time in Berlin as we had a place to catch the next morning so I can't comment on the regular activities, but for me the one place I would not want people to miss is the Pergamon Museum. I see there is a section on fitness and recreation. Most of the exercise is walking on shore excursions. I do Yoga fairly regularly. I brought along a mat to do this. It would be nice if mats were available on the ship and this was made known to passengers. It would save me a bit of space in my bag. I did get added use for theYoga mat to protect the piece we bought at Meissen so it is not all bad to bring a yoga mat.

A very interesting cruise

Viking Beyla Cruise Review by Old Troglidite

• Sail Date: June 2018
  • Destination: Europe River
  • Cabin Type: Standard Outside Stateroom

The Lobkowicz Palace tour is well worth its cost.

The walk through the Bastei in the Saxon Alps was also very good.

I would like to have spent more time in Torgau. I suspect we missed a lot.

Old Troglidite’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Beyla price drops

Standard Outside Stateroom
Cabin E
Nice and decent storage space
Main Deck Outside Cabins