3. Viking Atla
I have been to several countries since 1992, but never to Hungary, Austria and Germany. The cruise was wonderful traveling along the Danube River. It was wonderful not having to always leave the ship to see so many interesting sights. We had an outside balcony so we could sit and enjoy the beautiful scenery along the way. We really liked the optional tours we took by bus. I had a bi-lateral knee operation two years ago and the walking tour was excellent, as I was in the leisure strollers group and I used my cane. The guides were so well versed and ready to answer any questions we had. The food was excellent and we had many dining choices such as buffet, sit down dinners and snacks and we got to choose from standard choices like hamburgs and sandwiches and ethnic foods, like Hungarian Goulash. I taught a Foods class and attended the Culinary Institute in Hyde park, N.Y., so i know what a good chef we had. I love classical music and the concert by the residence Orchestra at a castle in Vienna was wonderful. I also taught History at one time and the trip to the courtroom where the Nazis were on trial was spell binding. The guide was such an excellent speaker and during the hour we were there, the guide was spell binding. The service was excellent and if we wanted anything, such as more sauce for a meat, it arrived immediately after it was requested. I certainly would go again. I haven't been to Sweden and my Paternal Grand-Mother was born in Stockholm, so Id like go go there.

The Classical Concert in Vienna, Austria

Lolly39’s Full Rating Summary
Get Viking Atla price drops

Veranda Stateroom
Cabin B 335
Our cabin was very nice and I was so glad we had a Veranda, as I enjoyed sitting there and seeing the beautiful scenery, buildings and people as we moved along.
Some days, we came back from an early breakfast and the room was spotless. It was spotless very day, but having it cleaned so early was wonderful. I was also pleased that all of the help spoke excellent English.
Middle Deck Balcony Cabins