3. Norwegian Escape
First, I am not loyal to any cruise line. I just like to try different ship especially the newer one. This is my first with Norwegian. I have heard from friends who has been on this ship that were pretty negative. I refuse to believe them. There is no Perfect cruise. Cruise cannot cater to everyone. There will be good and bad experience on all cruise. But Good should Triumph over Bad. Embarkation - was a nightmare. Terminal was packed as the returning cruise arrived very late. At 11 am, passenger were still disembarking. Many people were lined up for check in. All of a sudden they shut down check in without saying a words. There were no announcement on what was going on, until some passenger started asking question. Since then there were frequent announcement. Due to space and fire hazard, the terminal cannot accommodate more passenger and had some type of coast guard drill. They kept suggesting that passenger should leave the terminal and come back in at 2:30 pm. Many passenger eventually left the terminal. I won't explain in detail since the other reviewer KaKelley was right on. The food was terrible. Not much variety and very dry compare to other cruises line which has many variety. One example: everyday they have one type of baked chicken. It looks similar except they change the name. There were about 3 or 4 days where we had same BBQ chicken. I am sure the chef could come up with a different variety. Music was very loud in the dining room and service is very slow. This was the first of all our cruise where we actually miss dinning room dinner and ate at buffet instead. Entertainment was below par. Majority of the cruise staff here are Filipino. I have nothing against them. They are very good people. Cruise director and his staff is all Filipino. Some of them really need some more coaching. Since they play an important part in entertaining all passenger. Also this was the only cruise where they have some show that have extra charges. Bermuda was very nice. Very easy getting off and on the ship. Internet package is very expensive Norwegian 250 minutes (very slow speed) cost $125. Royal Caribbean 1 day package is about $30 Unlimited Alcohol package on Norwegian is about USD$100 while Royal Caribbean is around USD $70 with more discount promotion. To summarized, our family did not enjoy the cruise. In fact we will be cancelling our next year booking with NCL and would look for other cruise line. It is unfortunate that we fell this way since this was our worst cruise. I hope NCL would seriously look at their food variety and improve on quality. This was also our first cruise where we did not give additional tips. Usually we gave additional tips to some waiter or room attendant. It seems like this NCL has a lot more extra charges than other cruise line and it gets confused on what is included. Please take my review with a grain of salt. I am only expressing my own personal experience. This review is not on behalf of other passenger. We have more fun cruising with Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Princess and Celebrity. We will not be cruising with NCL again.

Major Disappointment - My worst cruise out of 14 cruises.

Norwegian Escape Cruise Review by Lilylily262

• Sail Date: October 2018
  • Destination: Bermuda
  • Cabin Type: Balcony Stateroom

Bermuda was very nice. Very easy getting off and on the ship.

Lilylily262’s Full Rating Summary
Ages 3 to 6
Get Norwegian Escape price drops

Balcony Stateroom
Cabin BF
Smaller than other cruise line. TV has very limited channel with couple sports and movie channel. Browsing cruise info and account on TV is very slow. Our room attendant was pretty lazy. Noticed him constantly talking on the phone (in his Language which is Not English) and some area not cleaned. The other attendant close by works very hard, could see him all the time. Wished he was our room attendant.
Deck 11 Inside Cabins, Outside Cabins, Balcony Cabins, Suite Cabins