• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

REEF Surfer
10+ Cruises • Age 70s

Sail Date: Oct 2018
Cabin: AquaClass 2

Ten-day southern Caribbean cruise out of Miami. Great ship; showing its age a bit, but the crew works tirelessly to keep it in tip-top condition. The crew worked very hard to make everyone feel welcome. Best entertainment by far that we’ve seen on a cruise. Rondell Sheridan (comedian) had me in tears laughing for over 45 minutes-not to miss! Two America’s Got Talent finalists performed; how they didn’t win their competitions is a mystery to me. The excellent shows continued throughout the cruise, even on the last evening. The only show we didn’t enjoy was “Life”, which was pretty depressing. The buffet was often crowded and difficult to navigate, but the food was excellent. Blu (Aqua class restaurant) was very good, with some out of this world dishes (rack of lamb, pepper steak, lobster, filet mignon) and a few average offerings (some of the vegetarian dishes). Service in Blu was uniformly excellent. The daily newsletter often had inaccurate information, especially w.r.t. Cocktail lounges. The posted times for several of the venues did not correspond to the actual opening times (especially Quasar), and Sky had a number of private parties that kept other guests out without prior notice. The Captain, the only American captain we’ve ever sailed with and the only female captain of a major cruise line ship, was very witty and funny but a little bit “all about me”. Her tagline was, “I’m Captain Kate, but you can call me “Captain,” because I’ve earned it.” I’ve never told anyone that “you can call me Colonel or Doctor”, nor has my wife, although we both earned it. Different leadership style, I suppose. We loved the ABC ports. The stop in the Caymans was a yawner.

AquaClass 2

Small but functional with plenty of storage space.

10 Helpful Vote