• TRAVEL NOTICE: Learn more about COVID-19

SeniorTraveller023
10+ Cruises • Age 80s

Sail Date: Sep 2018
Cabin: Ocean View

I chose this cruise as a way to get to Hawaii and see all the different islands. It served that purpose, and I enjoyed the trip overall. The naturalist on board was very personable and knowledgeable. As others have mentioned, the cabin was cold most of the time and there was no way to turn on the heat. I had a sweater, so it wasn't too big a problem. My main complaint is that they interrupted dinner with a lot of raucous singing and dancing by the waiters, all, I suppose, in the name of fun. I hated it. I also hated the high volume of music in the fitness center. Even with earphones I could not hear the TV I tried to watch while working out. The entertainment was so-so. As on my previous Carnival cruise, the dancers pretended to sing by lip-syncking into phoney microphones. This, too, was at high decibels. Since I knew noise was the way on Carnival, I would have chosen a different line if the itinerary had been as good.

Ocean View

Cabin 6A

Fine, except for the fact that it was too cold.

Port Reviews

Honolulu

It was hot and humid.

Kauai

I rented a car and enjoyed this island, especially the great canyon.

Vancouver

I took the train to Vancouver and the light rail to the cruise ship terminal. I love Vancouver for its beauty, transit infrastructure, and progressive policies.

2 Helpful Votes